Aussie Banks

Does anybody know if there is any Aussie banks operating in Thailand????

Or any banks that can be accessed in OZ & Thailand?????

Depends what you want to do.

If your ATM card has the Cirrus logo on it , you can use it at most ATM's. I've used my Commonwealth bank & St George keycards at many ATM's around the country. They do hit you with an international fee.

If you have a Visa Credit Card ,you can use that at ATM's with the Visa symbol to get cash advances, again fees involved so its better to make less frequent large withdrawals.

Also a good idea to use internet banking to check your balances and pay bills at home.

Edited by Simmo

If your ATM card has the Cirrus logo on it , you can use it at most ATM's. I've used my Commonwealth bank & St George keycards at many ATM's around the country. They do hit you with an international fee.

If you have a Visa Credit Card ,you can use that at ATM's with the Visa symbol to get cash advances, again fees involved so its better to make less frequent large withdrawals.

Also a good idea to use internet banking to check your balances and pay bills at home.

Wanting to be able to put money in an account in Oz an access it in Thailand..

Wanting to be able to put money in an account in Oz an access it in Thailand..

Best to get a Visa Debit card.

being a regular tourist to thailand can i open a bank account in thailand and before i come transfer money and then access funds .

would be a lot easier as i come 3 times a year generally for a month or longer. thenks nev.

Yes, go to either the Kasikorn bank or Bangkok bank nr The Emporium Dept store nr Soi 33.

You will need your passport and about 500 bt for an intl ATM card.

Make sure you ask for an intl ATM card.

Write down the address of your hotel but do not name the hotel for mail if you are temp in LOS.

I reccomend Kasikorn on the cnr of Sukhumvit Rd., and Soi 33.

:o

Yes, go to either the Kasikorn bank or Bangkok bank nr The Emporium Dept store nr Soi 33.

Write down the address of your hotel but do not name the hotel for mail if you are temp in LOS.

Hey udon,

Does this bank send statements? I would want to open another bank account and not have a statement or any mail sent to my hotel, I want to travel around for a few months before I settle, Any ideas.

Cheers

Hey udon,

Does this bank send statements? I would want to open another bank account and not have a statement or any mail sent to my hotel, I want to travel around for a few months before I settle, Any ideas.

Cheers

I dont think any of the banks in Thailand send out statements on a normal savings ac. You get a passbook with your atm card and they have machines next to the atm that you can update your passbook to keep a track on things.

Hey udon,

Cheers

I dont think any of the banks in Thailand send out statements on a normal savings ac. You get a passbook with your atm card and they have machines next to the atm that you can update your passbook to keep a track on things.

Thanks cobber,

I have a bkk bank account but my shipping agent opened it years ago with their address, I no longer deal with them so to hear this is fantasic news,

Cheers

Hey udon,

Cheers

Thanks cobber,

I have a bkk bank account but my shipping agent opened it years ago with their address, I no longer deal with them so to hear this is fantasic news,

Cheers

Cobber has given you the dope, sorry, I shpuld have pointed out that it's a savings a/c. that you should apply for. :D

No statements to chase you, just a passbook to keep in a safe place..

Closest ANZ branch to Thailand is in Phnom Penh Cambodia

Eh? :o

Ms Achara Boonyahansa

ANZ

9th Floor, Tower A, Diethelm Towers

93/1 Wireless Road

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

Fax: (66-2) 256 6347

Phone: (66-2) 256 6350 / 58

Note: ANZ refer to the above as a "representative office"

Edited by udon

thanks guys will open an account when i get there next,, so you are saying open a savings account best?

which bank in pattaya would be best to open at thanks again guys. nev.

Yeah not sure they have any retail representation?

They were trying to buy Thai Military bank but I think it fell over on the DD.

Still worth a call.

Eh? :o

Ms Achara Boonyahansa

ANZ

93/1 Wireless Road

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

Note: ANZ refer to the above as a "representative office"

Cirrus & mater card logos work on most ATMs just take a look they display which cards work also ANZ opened a contact in Bangkok many years ago:

Ms Achara Boonyahansa

ANZ

93/1 Wireless Road

Bangkok 10330

Thailand

Cheers

Sorry about the duplication Udon you must have posted whilst I was having a look for the info.

Edited by mijan24