Need A Recommendation On Where To Buy Speaker Wire

ericg1953

I live in Pattaya and am looking for the correct wire to connect my Samsung LED TV/UBC to my 5 Kef bookshelf speakers. I also have a Klipsch Subwoofer and and Onkyo amp. The guy who sold me some of the stuff has wire that is 140-250baht per metre...I had his installer look at my room and he says I need 38 metres of wire to do the whole job. He wants 2k baht to do the install and that is the labor only. The price of his high quality wire is out of my budget. Does anyone have a good place to buy adequate wire that will do the job...I am also looking for a good referral for an installer if someone has one

Thanks

Eric

Standard full copper conductor electrical wire is the most cost effective you an get. As the post above states, most expensive cables are just marketing ploys that will sperate you from your money.

VFF, and variations of, (Figure8) 2*2.5mm2 for fixed installation will be fine for loads down to 2 ohms in runs up to 10 - 15m. Use VCC (Black round PVC shield) for portable system leads.

Forget all these fancy braided, "low capacitance advertised" super expensive leads. No real extra fidelity unless you can honestly tell me your ears, (and your loudspeakers can produce - not) can hear a hundredth of one percent in harmonic distortions, extra headroom (the sales guy told me) at 20 Watts RMS (loud), and perceived (I spent more so it should sound better) warmth of sound (distortion actually :lol:) wave entering your ear.

All for around 35 Baht per meter if you buy a role from any electrical shop.

(If anything spend more money on decent connectors. :thumbsup:)

• 1 month later...