Moto Gp & Wsb, 2012.

Lickey

This is a great article on the whole Rossi Ducati saga.

Well worth the read if your an avid fan, and explains a lot of the challenges he faces.

Personally I think once he comes off contract end of season, he'll either retire, of maybe get a ride on a factory Yamaha.

Honda wouldn't have him back I think.

http://www.motomatte...smosedici_.html

That was a good read, it will be interesting to see what will happen.

I wrote to Ducatti and told them to get the mafia to steal this Honda and copy it but they never replyed.:D

• Like 1

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

.................then Ducati release the "Paligale" to the world..............so maybe they did get one after all.

Edited by soihok

The Doctor might like to go back to Yamaha but there might have to be some argy-bargy before they took him. Agree they may be looking to replace Spies but would need to look at the price tags of the potential riders and the relative future benefits. Sure a one season contract with the Doc as an experiment to see if he can still cut it might be one option but longer term I think they would be better off with up and comers. I thought Doc was getting 12mill or something with Ducati so that would have to come down for a start.

OK lets argue for example he ends 7th in the championship, same as he placed last race.

Also lets say he doesn't get on the podium.

He comes off contract with Ducati,

After Checa's success in WSB, there is no way he will be offered 12 Mill again, Rossi or not.

He will also know that it will be his absolute last roll of the dice, for a 10th title.

I think he might all of a sudden become very affordable.

The domination of the Ducati twin in sbk led Honda to produce the SP for Colin.

Good looking bike the Ducati Paligale but don't you think just another variation of the twin, a V4 is the only way for MotoGP otherwise Honda wouldn't do it.

If any of the other maker come to close Honda with a V4, I wouldn't be surprised to see the return of the V5.

You are all talking about VR going back to Yamaha, I would like to see JB knocking on Suzuki door or how about Kawasaki they both produce V4 engines and it would be great to see them back in MotoGP.????

Edited by Kwasaki

For sure the series needs more factory teams in there, a return by Suzuki and Kawasaki would be more than welcome.

Perhaps BMW might step up to challenge?

For sure the series needs more factory teams in there, a return by Suzuki and Kawasaki would be more than welcome.

Perhaps BMW might step up to challenge?

Yeh I agree.

I bet the cost of running a team is enormous and in these depressing economical times we are in, perhaps, unjustified.

Seems Suzuki will be back in 2014, Kawasaki have no plans as yet, and why should they bother? they are doing well in WSBK and BSB, and WSS, there are 2 ducati pancakes in BSB and neither have made the top 10 in 9 races, so what does that tell you? there is no Aprillas either, its all Jap and BMW, is the eytie exoctia to expensive? sure Checa could go into a BSB race and win it, same as Tom Sykes did at Brands 2 years ago, won both,

Years ago in the ShellSport 500 series, if there wasnt a GP on that weekend, you would get Sheene,Read,John Williams, Newbold,Mamola,Hennen,Bonera,sometimes Ago,Lansovori,Hartog,ect all for a 5ver,

Cant see the GP stars of today doing that, times have changed quite a bit i suppose,

Monza WSB, what a debacle that was, but very clever on Toms part, he flew off at the front, over 3.5secs 1st lap, he got out in front for a very good reason, perhaps he risked crashing? but didnt, once he was well in front he could pick his line for corners ect, while the pursuing bunch had to defend there positions at the corners ect, the comentators never picked up on this, but hey ho, theyve only been doing it for 20 odd years,,,

Hope Shakey Byrne gets drafted in for Donnington, that would be a formidble UK Kawasaki team, Action starts Sunday Ch 108 5.30pm and 9.00pm thai time,

The commentators on WSBK really wind me up, especially the one with the big gob.

I know Steve Martin was a rider, but sure aint a commentator.

The other one is just plain annoying,,,,,,can we have a change please?

As much as I admire Troy Corser, everytime the camera used to get directed at him, the annoying one would scream " THE CROCODILE, THE CROCODILE". In a way I,m glad Troy Corser retired due to this.

bah.gif

Yes, he used to scream "Foggy" too. I'm sure that they aren't actually watching half the time, the number of times I pick up things before them is many, many. Steve Martin changes his expert opinion to suit the circumstances I reckon.

I would like to see all the big 4 back in MotoGp, but its looking like the powers that be have decided that the CRT formula will be the way to go and this is where you will see increased effort and numbers.

Chris Vermuelen takes over Colin Edwards bike for the Le Mans round. WSB this weekend at Donnington, hope its not raining.

Last time I went to Donnington was to watch the 2009 MotoGP and it was wet and freezing (July).

My wife didn't speak to me for ages (actually that ain't a bad thing sometimes).

I will be watching the races on the tv, sat here in the Tropics,,,,far more user friendly than a cold north England.

• Like 1

Last time I went to Donnington was to watch the 2009 MotoGP and it was wet and freezing (July).

My wife didn't speak to me for ages (actually that ain't a bad thing sometimes).

I will be watching the races on the tv, sat here in the Tropics,,,,far more user friendly than a cold north England.

That's probably the main reason why I moved here from the North - bloody freezing on a bike even in the summer.

Arhhhhhh, that chill has just tingled my spine :)

Really sad we don't get WSB on free to air TV here in Australia.

I agree with comments of those WSB commentators, they used to annoy me, but have accepted the way they are over the years.

I am stuck with getting WSB off torrent sites when I remember, and have time to watch them.

As far as MotoGP goes yes will love to see Suzuki return in 2014.

If BMW stick with MotoGP, it's hard not to see them becoming the 4th big player.

Kawasaki, I don't see have done much in MotoGP or WSB.

Looking forward to qualifying in MotoGP tonight, go Casey.

Edited by ShanePashen

NormanW, where in the North are you from?

I originate from Sheffield, only been back twice in the last 8 years and it seems to change upon each visit. Then again, its probably me that keeps changing also.

Really sad we don't get WSB on free to air TV here in Australia.

I agree with comments of those WSB commentators, they used to annoy me, but have accepted the way they are over the years.

I am stuck with getting WSB off torrent sites when I remember, and have time to watch them.

As far as MotoGP goes yes will love to see Suzuki return in 2014.

If BMW stick with MotoGP, it's hard not to see them becoming the 4th big player.

Kawasaki, I don't see have done much in MotoGP or WSB.

Looking forward to qualifying in MotoGP tonight, go Casey.

Its all on Youtube mate, the next day, even the WSS British SBs, heres a link to get you started,

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=WSBK+2012&page=1

If you get there and it dosnt work, get yourself a Gmail address, helps a lot with Youtube, a lot of the races are full lenght from British Eurosport,

Good Luck..

For us Brits, Jamie Witham and Jack Burnicle are commentators,,

Edited by Lickey
  • Like 1

I remember watching Jamie Witham at Cadwell in 88 on a GSXR750 batting with Brian Morrison on an RC30.

Great times.....Jamies team mate was Phil Mellor RIP (Isle of Man TT).

I would love to have Jamie commentate instead of the annoying gobby bloke we have to listen to.

Edited by soihok

I remember watching Jamie Witham at Cadwell in 88 on a GSXR750 batting with Brian Morrison on an RC30.

Great times.....Jamies team mate was Phil Mellor RIP (Isle of Man TT).

I would love to have Jamie commentate instead of the annoying gobby bloke we have to listen to.

Jamie Witham, no 69, sponsor Durex, yeah, saw him many times, got over his cancer and writes for TWO, bike mag, along with that scottish fella, Niall Mac, another great racer, go to Youtube, its all on there, i watch both, TV live and Tube the next day, just to hear an honest yorkshire man [joke] comentate,

So while Shane is playing catch-up of 25 years of WSB, [by the way, if you want to record it, get Realplayer, will record 3 1 hour races at once with a good internet speed] oh Shane, Anthony Gobert will show you what Kwakers have done in the past, and Tom Sykeopath to the podium is in pole again, @ donnington,

Soihok, so you were a punk rocker? after my time mate, this fella is more my early 80s stuff,

That was the races of the year so far, i was so homesick, i used to sit near Starkeys Bar at the bottom of Craner Curves with a BLT and a pint of Guiness, great memories,

On reflection, yes ok, Leon Haslam was brought up at Donny, and has done several hundred laps or more, but why did he never defend his line into redgate, it happened more than once and still he didnt defend it, well, hes still young and has time,

That was a really hard pass by Johnny Rea at the last corner, dunno if its gonna be under investigation by the stewards, seemed very harsh to me, but it made Tom & Max happy no doubht,,,

Sam Lowes won the WSS, in front of Softglue, Kawasaki still lead the WSS championship,

Anthony Gobert, I saw him several times on the green Meanie, Brands Hatch,Hockenheim,Nurbergring and Salzburgring, he was a very exciting racer, shame he went to the States where it all went wrong for him, again, all on Youtube,

Anthony Gobert, I saw him several times on the green Meanie, Brands Hatch,Hockenheim,Nurbergring and Salzburgring, he was a very exciting racer, shame he went to the States where it all went wrong for him, again, all on Youtube,

I think you will find it was intravenous substance abuse, where it all went wrong for him.

There are reports in the local paper here, he is living down the gold coast, and is a petty criminal now, to feed his addiction.

So so sad, he could have been the next "Mick Doohan"

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/wild-childs-surfers-ban/story-e6freonf-1111116349213

That was a while back I hope things have turned around for him, but what a waste of raw talent.

Totally gobsmacked by the races at Donnington, not for the faint hearted.

How devastating for BMW to have both riders skittled out on the very last bend when it was looking to be a 1-2.

It was a really hard challenge by Rea, very much like the move Vale made on Sete in Spain about 5 or 6 years ago, although Sete stayed on.

I was expecting to see some Franki Chili style antics in the pit lane.

Great races, (I watched F1 earlier and fell asleep I was that excited by it) and the end to the British Premiership ,I wasn't sure how much more excitment I could take for a late Sunday night.

Leon and Marco must be gutted.

I hope the Moto GP racers were watching the WSB races, i havent seen a GP race like that for many years, perhaps never,,

It was so good, the broadcast chief kept the scene at the front of the race, unless somebody crashed,so unlike GP where they go back to show something that might happen!! like F1,

Can anybody imagine Rossi and Edwards in the mix? that would be really something!!!

Lot of websites are blaming Marco for what happened, Marco overtook Leon causing him to leave a gap,Marco went wide,Leon came back in only to find Rea there, and you all know the rest,,

As for the Rent-a-Gob commentator, after he said Checa was "King of the Mountain" race 2 Philip Island, there is only one King Of the Mountain, Joey Dunlop,, so mr rent a gob, i hope your next shit is a hedgehog....

• Like 1

Hope your next sh*t is a hedgehog.......that's funny. He'd be really screaming then.....

I'm not convinced it was anyones fault, certainly not Marco's anyway. It was a red hot race with a handfull of riders so hungry for glory.

It was truely awesome to watch and I'm looking forward to more of the same.

It is a shame that MotoGP doesn't have that same excitment about it, although Moto2 can be as equally inspiring. I would also love to see some of the MotoGP greats locked in battles like the ones we witnessed this weekend.........fantastic.

I think you will find it was intravenous substance abuse, where it all went wrong for him.

There are reports in the local paper here, he is living down the gold coast, and is a petty criminal now, to feed his addiction.

So so sad, he could have been the next "Mick Doohan"

http://www.courierma...f-1111116349213

That was a while back I hope things have turned around for him, but what a waste of raw talent.

That's a very sad story. I never saw him race but have seen the races on the tv.

You are quite correct,,,,,,what a waste.

Here are some comments made by Vale after watching these crazy races on crash.net.

""Rossi wrote on his Twitter account (@ValeYellow46): “What a brawl in the Superbike race, all good, shame about the BMWs in the last corner.

“Unfortunately, our races have become much more tedious.”

Rossi later added: “The Moto3 is beautiful, the Moto2 scares, SBK is hilarious, even the races at [Rossi's] ranch are decided at the last corner.”

Struggling Ducati rider Rossi recently used Twitter to dismiss reports that he is to retire from MotoGP at the end of this season.

Perhaps aware that his comments might be seen as a sign he wants to switch to WSBK, he added:

“But, having said that, I want to race in MotoGP for another year. I just want a little more 'brawl' that's all.”"

If we look back at Moaners first WC with Duke, he was on Bridgestones, all the other top riders were on Michelins, after a lot of shouting ect, all the top blokes got Bridgestones, Moaner never won another WC on the Duke for the next 3 years, its been Honda and Yamaha since,

You could say what about Checa and Guintolli in WSB? the answer there is some tracks are V-twin, and some are 4 cyl bikes, as Donnington proved to be, Dont forget Tom has set 4 out of 5 poles this year, which proves 4cyl bikes can do it, all they need is a tyre that can last race distance,

Perhaps they should dump Pirrellis and go for Bridgestones, at least they can make a tyre to last the distance without too much slipping and sliding,

Tyres aside, Its not Rossi or Hayden cant ride the bike, Ducati just havent done the winter homework the others have,,,

<deleted>

Casey Stoner retiring at the end of the year.

I'm as suprised as anyone. He quoted as saying that it was the decision made between himself, his family and wife. He says the passion is gone. I wonder if the death of Marco has had a hand in this, plus the birth of his daughter.

So, we have this year to marvel at the way he masters that Honda around a race track.........gobsmacked I am.

On the other hand, during the same press meeting, Rossi states that he wishes to carry on for another two years. So something negative and something positive for the sport, all in the same meeting.

As some of us on this forum think, he may head back to Yamaha, unless, he finds a way round the L-4 Desmocedici and can challenge at the front.

Casey Stoner is only 26 but has been on the world class racing circuit for years already.

To retire on top is a pretty remarkable thing to do.