Transfer To Uk

I am in a situation where i wish to send money back to the UK every month. The problem as i see it is that the banks want proof of why you are sending - this i do not have as i have no debts in the UK.

How do i get around this? and i i sent with western union then would i be asked the same questions?

Cheers in advance

Mark

Western Union will not require you to state reason for sending money - but their rates are excessive, and picking up money can be somehwat of a pain.

One idea - open a Thai personal account that has an ATM card that operates on an international system. Send card to the person at UK end, and then simply deposit the amount you want to send each month (Thai baht equivalent) at this end, and let them withdraw it in local currency at their end.

I worked this way for a while, with overseas agents in Vietnam and the Philippines. Much cheaper than any other method.

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

Western Union will not require you to state reason for sending money - but their rates are excessive, and picking up money can be somehwat of a pain.

One idea - open a Thai personal account that has an ATM card that operates on an international system.  Send card to the person at UK end, and then simply deposit the amount you want to send each month (Thai baht equivalent) at this end, and let them withdraw it in local currency at their end.

I worked this way for a while, with overseas agents in Vietnam and the Philippines.  Much cheaper than any other method.

Cheers!

Steve

Indo-Siam

Thats a good idea - i will check with Kasikorn and see if my ATM cards can be used in the UK.

Thats a good idea - i will check with Kasikorn and see if my ATM cards can be used in the UK.

When I opened our account with Kasikorn, they asked if I wanted an ATM card that could be used overseas so they're definitely available.

Whenever I've transferred money back to the UK, I just put the reason as "Savings" and have not had a problem. They didn't need any proof that I did pay it into a savings account.

You could try "personal reasons". Used that for a few years and will continue to use this reason. Sent large sums but your limited to 400.000 per day send and 400 bt per transaction. helps if you receive amounts from Uk to balance out what you send back.

Bk bank is a good point to send from. the main bk branch has two girls who work in transfer section. good English speakers with the knowledge on your needs