60 Day Extension To Visit Thai Wife

Hi I am here on a 1 year retirement extension, having re-entered Thailand using a re-entry permit on 25th August 2011, I have an admitted to 30th January 2012 stamp in my passport, I am leaving thailand on 12th April for 6+ months. I was hoping to get a 60 day visit thai wife extension at pattaya, and then do a border run, (at the same time a friend needs to do a border run), to take me up to the 12th april.

But now reading some recents threads on here i am wondering if I will get the 60 day extension.

I do not have the funds in place to obtain any 1 year extension.

Ant thoughts on this please!

Edited by steve187

Worst case would be leaving to obtain a visa and return. With marriage certificate/Thai ID card copy and home register copy easy to obtain single entry non immigrant O or even use a tourist visa with extension. Give the 60 days a try and if no go you have plenty of time to arrange a visa trip.

Update, been to Srirachi immigration for the first time this afternoon, a nice small office with really friendly staff, applied for and got a 60 extension no problem. not sure if Jomtein would have been so quite and so friendly.