90 Day Stamp In Cambodia (Chon Chom)

We arrived at Chong Chom after a very nice drive and a meal before we hit the boarder in good spirits. Decided to park the car and were charged 100 baht, spirits started to sink. A tout started to follow us to the border, but he was easy to ignore. There was a bit of a cue but it was only 10 minutes or so unill we were through to the Cambodian side. It cost me 1,100 baht for the Cambodian visa, which I though at the time was OK. We then went across to get stamped out of Cambodia and they wanted 300 baht, which I questioned but the tout (still following told me that I would not get the stamp if I did not pay and would not get back into Thailand. I grudgingly paid. The Thai immigration were much better and in I came. Drove back home , all done in a day.

​ The journey and the trip were great for me travelling from near Roiet. It was as quick as the friendship bridge and (to me) less messing about. I would definitely do it again,and would advise others to do the same. You need to be aware of the correct money for the visa, and if I should be paying anything to leave Cambodia. It is nice to have the info beforehand so I can politely decline, ask for a receipt or whatever.

Anybody with this information would help me for my next trip.

Cheers

But how did you get a 90 day stamp out of this?

Erm, the OP is obviously on some kind of multi entry long term visa which requires him/her to leave Thailand every 90 days. Upon re-entering he/she would have gotten a new 90 days stamp.

Yes this is right. I am on a non O visa as I am married to a Thai lady. It is multiple entry so I need to leave every 3 months to get a new stamp. I am trying to find out about going to immigration just to register every 3 months instead but I think the multiple entry means that I have to leave.

Yes, Chong Chom is easy, I live in Surin and use this boarder when I need to make a run. Let me help you as you paid too much.

the car park is only 20B, they always try and get 100B tell them no you have always only paid 20B. The visa is only 1000B, best is to just give them 1000B dont ask how much, if they say anything about an increase ask them when and you have always only paid 1000B.

Paying to get out is bullshit.too, they always try that crap. Tell them no! they might say you need to pay, you tell them you never pay, pay for what. They will say you need to stay 24hrs and you tell them no your not paying, they will give in and stamp you out. Most of the time i just say no and that's it. Last few times i think they know me as they didn't even ask. So i just saved you what? almost 500B i think next time you come to Surin you need to be me lunch.. LOL

To avoid the need to travel you must extend for one year at Immigration and that would require 40k per month income or 400k in your bank account here for 2 months period to application. If that is of interest you will find many posts on the details or ask if you have trouble finding.

Yes this is right. I am on a non O visa as I am married to a Thai lady. It is multiple entry so I need to leave every 3 months to get a new stamp. I am trying to find out about going to immigration just to register every 3 months instead but I think the multiple entry means that I have to leave.

To avoid the need to travel you must extend for one year at Immigration and that would require 40k per month income or 400k in your bank account here for 2 months period to application

If you have a Non O and you are married to a Thai national you can apply for an extension based on marriage which you will then need to report to immigration every 90 days instead of doing border runs.

Lopburi has indicated the initial process to get an extension..and thereafter.....

Marriage Requirements

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry. Kor Ror 3 - updated

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Signed copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

As said the bank account must be in your name only.

Edited by Tafia

To avoid the need to travel you must extend for one year at Immigration and that would require 40k per month income or 400k in your bank account here for 2 months period to application

If you have a Non O and you are married to a Thai national you can apply for an extension based on marriage which you will then need to report to immigration every 90 days instead of doing border runs.

Lopburi has indicated the initial process to get an extension..and thereafter.....

Marriage Requirements

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

Marriage Certificate

Marriage Registry entry. Kor Ror 3 - updated

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Signed copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

As said the bank account must be in your name only.

Thanks for this, but I actually teach here and earn just below the 40,000 baht, I do not have 400,000 in the bank over here. I teach on my non o with no problems from the school or government. It sounds like this precludes me from the reporting though so it could be back to Chong Chom again. I don't like it though as every border run takes a page out of my passport.

Cheers

Yes, Chong Chom is easy, I live in Surin and use this boarder when I need to make a run. Let me help you as you paid too much.

the car park is only 20B, they always try and get 100B tell them no you have always only paid 20B. The visa is only 1000B, best is to just give them 1000B dont ask how much, if they say anything about an increase ask them when and you have always only paid 1000B.

Paying to get out is bullshit.too, they always try that crap. Tell them no! they might say you need to pay, you tell them you never pay, pay for what. They will say you need to stay 24hrs and you tell them no your not paying, they will give in and stamp you out. Most of the time i just say no and that's it. Last few times i think they know me as they didn't even ask. So i just saved you what? almost 500B i think next time you come to Surin you need to be me lunch.. LOL

Thanks you are a star. As long as you eat less than 500 baht it sounds like a winner