Yingluck Denies Thaksin Influence In Reshuffle

webfact

Yingluck denies Thaksin influence in reshuffle

THE NATION

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra insisted yesterday that all decisions on the Cabinet reshuffle were entirely her own and that her brother, former PM Thaksin, had nothing to do with the matter.

"I am solely responsible for the Cabinet line-up, Thaksin is not linked," she said, adding that she would explain her choices once the appointments get royal endorsement.

She also said that she had changed the Cabinet in order to streamline and strengthen her work, arguing that she had not paid any attention to the number of positions involved.

However, she would not confirm whether Pheu Thai MP and red-shirt leader Natthawut Saikua was experienced enough for the post of deputy agriculture minister.

Meanwhile, Defence Minister General Yuthasak Sasiprapha seems to be delighted by the deputy PM's post he will get in the Cabinet reshuffle.

He said he was happy to get a post that had a wider jurisdiction. In the new job, he will be in charge of four key agencies related to national security, including Internal Security Operations Command, National Security Council, National Intelligence Agency and the Defence Ministry.

Yuthasak said he had no problems in dealing with the military, especially as he was still respected by junior colleagues.

"I did not have a clue about the Cabinet reshuffle before. The prime minister told me on Monday that she would put me in charge of national security and make me her deputy," Yuthasak said.

Meanwhile, Sakda Kongpet said he knew he would be given the post of deputy education minister after he met with Thaksin in Hong Kong before New Year's Day.

"I flew to meet Thaksin and subsequently learned about my appointment in advance," he said.

Sakda, a Pheu Thai MP from Roi Et, said the former PM had told him that members of the Cabinet and MPs should be more effective. He added that he was ready to start his new job and promised to show results.

Meanwhile, Air Chief Marshal Sumet Photimanee said yesterday that the next military reshuffle would be a litmus test of the ties between the top brass and the government.

"I believe the Defence Ministry Administration Act will have to be amended, paving the way for political supervision of military appointments," he said.

Sumet, chairman of the Airports of Thailand board and Thaksin's close ally, was commenting on the new Cabinet line-up under which Air Chief Marshal Sukampol Suwannathat is poised to become defence minister. Like Thaksin, Sukampol is also a Pre-Cadet Class 10 graduate.

Sumet added that Sukampol will try to work with top military leaders, particularly Army chief General Prayuth Chan-ocha, before deciding whether any changes in the military line-up were needed.

"There will be no problem if the defence minister and top military brass can cooperate, work and consult one another when trying to solve problems," he said.

Many of Thaksin's allies in the military and the ruling Pheu Thai Party believe that Yuthasak is being moved to the deputy PM's post because he has been a "soft" leader who allowed the top brass to gain an upper hand over the government.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-01-19

In Theravada Buddhism, there are four elements to a violation of the Fourth Precept:
  • a situation or state of affairs that is untrue; something to lie about
  • an intention to deceive
  • the expression of a falsehood, either with words, gestures, or "body language"
  • conveying a false impression

• Like 2

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra insisted yesterday that all decisions on the Cabinet reshuffle were entirely her own and that her brother, former PM Thaksin, had nothing to do with the matter...........Meanwhile, Sakda Kongpet said he knew he would be given the post of deputy education minister after he met with Thaksin in Hong Kong before New Year's Day.

"I flew to meet Thaksin and subsequently learned about my appointment in advance," he said.555555555555

• Like 2

In Theravada Buddhism, there are four elements to a violation of the Fourth Precept:

• the expression of a falsehood, either with words, gestures, or "body language"

Don't forget she has a perfect role model in the form of her older brother, phrases like 'an honest mistake' to explain the concealment of vast sums of money in his servants' names come to mind.

• Like 1

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra insisted yesterday that all decisions on the Cabinet reshuffle were entirely her own and that her brother, former PM Thaksin, had nothing to do with the matter...........Meanwhile, Sakda Kongpet said he knew he would be given the post of deputy education minister after he met with Thaksin in Hong Kong before New Year's Day.

"I flew to meet Thaksin and subsequently learned about my appointment in advance," he said.555555555555

Tsk tsk, give the girl a break.

Maybe she told her brother about it last year and he let the cat out of the bag.rolleyes.gif

I wish there was one reporter that had the intestinal fortitude to ask Yingluck's response to Sakda's statement.

That is all counter-balanced by the animistic power of the mystical and magical elephant wand...

THAI PM WIELDS WAND TO REPEL FOES

BANGKOK, Thailand -- Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is taking his fight to hold onto his job all over the country and beyond -- to the netherworld.

Thaksin, who has previously accused his political foes of using black magic in their efforts to force him from office, received a gift Tuesday -- a magical elephant prod -- to help him ward off bad luck.

"I will use this prod, along with spells and talismans, to control the fierce opponents who are trying to oust me," Thaksin said during a campaign stop in the northeastern Surin province where he rode an elephant.

CNN - March 14, 2006

http://www.pressmon....w.cgi?id=470845

Edited by Buchholz

I wish there was one reporter that had the intestinal fortitude to ask Yingluck's response to Sakda's statement.

Yingluck told Taksin to tell Sakda she had give him (Sakda) the post as she was too busy shopping in the January sales to do so - Duh!!

I've heard that Santa Claus is coming on an official visit later this year to discuss the size of the kickbacks for cabinet members in connection with the tablet computers he'll give every Thai child for Christmas... oh wait... that was last year, was it?

And life continues as normal in Thailand. A drink, anybody? Champagne? Served from almost real Burberry boots?

Her religion is Money.

"I am solely responsible for the Cabinet line-up, Thaksin is not linked," and then the other dude says:

"I flew to meet Thaksin and subsequently learned about my appointment in advance," he said.

Please!!! Funny how they step on their own tails!!! Hahahahahaha...

Have a nice day everyone!

Sakda by his statement has made her out to be a liar and a puppet. Any true leader would relegate him back to cheap seats pronto to prove their own dominance.

I'm offering 100-1 it doesn't happen. (not money of course, that would be illegal !)

It appears the Seh Daeng lesson was a bit too subtle for Mr Sakda.

"I am solely responsible for the Cabinet line-up, Thaksin is not linked," and then the other dude says:

Please!!! Funny how they step on their own tails!!! Hahahahahaha...

Have a nice day everyone!

Well, I'd be generous enough to put my foot on her head while she is on the ground, and yank off her tail.

• 6 months later...
To be honest, I thought Yingluck is Thaksin daughter.

I think I am wrong.

But what if I am right?

It's an incestuous government for sure. Genes from but a very short DNA selection indeed. Shinawatra, Damapong, Yoobamrung etc.

But wouldn't think that your suggestion would hold any water.

"However, she would not confirm whether Pheu Thai MP and red-shirt leader Natthawut Saikua was experienced enough for the post of deputy agriculture minister".

As if that mattered.

Rewarding these Nazis with cabinet positions is all conducive to reconciliation of course.

That is all counter-balanced by the animistic power of the mystical and magical elephant wand...

THAI PM WIELDS WAND TO REPEL FOES

BANGKOK, Thailand -- Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra is taking his fight to hold onto his job all over the country and beyond -- to the netherworld.

Thaksin, who has previously accused his political foes of using black magic in their efforts to force him from office, received a gift Tuesday -- a magical elephant prod -- to help him ward off bad luck.

"I will use this prod, along with spells and talismans, to control the fierce opponents who are trying to oust me," Thaksin said during a campaign stop in the northeastern Surin province where he rode an elephant.

CNN - March 14, 2006

http://www.pressmon....w.cgi?id=470845

didn't work well, maybe the prod was counterfeit magic prod?