What Does A New 250Cc Engine Cost?

dagling

Would registering it (the Cafe Racer) be in your plans, or are you thinking of driving it unregistered?

Plan to registering it.

How would you do that?

what frame are you going to use?

As far as i'm aware you can't just build a bike and register it here in Thailand.

There may be a possibility of using an existing frame from say a 125 and updating it that way eg an engine change... but still not sure.

Mate had a CG like that with a LIFAN 150 engine. when he took to the transport office got told it was illegal.. luckily the shop gave him his money back.

Hi, Daling,

Don't believe anything they tell you here... Nobody has experience and all believe in ghost stories.

The truth is that it's actual not so difficult to register a custom built motorcycle in Thailand. One company I'm partnering in builds custom “commercial” motorcycle vehicles for customers, for which you have to think ice-cream-selling, and others like that... and depending on the need they place engines that meet the task in constructions that often are not the same.

They have a 100% success rate of registering this motorcycle vehicles, okay most are 3 wheels, but I'm confidence that if you have a solid build 2-wheeler and I can label it as our build we can register it....

By the way a Lifan V-twin 250cc engine, which will pass the Thai emission standards will cost about 30,000 THB. It depends a bit how complete you want the engine to be... carburators or not ...etc...

Edited by Richard-BKK
  • Like 1

I thought that myself, thoughts of custom built choppers being made left right and center sprung straight to mind when people said it's a no go area.....

I don't know the exact in's and out (it's Thailand and nothing is ever straightforward) but i'm sure there's a way if you know the right people, have enough money or follow the correct procedure, not necessarily in the correct order :)

I thought that myself, thoughts of custom built choppers being made left right and center sprung straight to mind when people said it's a no go area.....

I don't know the exact in's and out (it's Thailand and nothing is ever straightforward) but i'm sure there's a way if you know the right people, have enough money or follow the correct procedure, not necessarily in the correct order smile.png

True, things are not that difficult, if done correct, of course Thai officials love documents, and yes if you want to build your own frame/chassis you need to keep in mind the international standards of tensile strength of the material used for building the frame.

The Thai officials in Thailand are often impressed if you use materials that have a much higher tensile strength that the standard requires. And for a single motorcycle vehicle the difference in material cost is often less than 100 THB. Also buying the raw materials from the shop around the corner is not a good idea, you need official documents that the raw material you bought is what it is.

The guy around the corner who sells piping for hot-water or air-condition probably cannot supply certificates that the Thai government see as genuine.

Still to have your dream bike on the road, you should think about a budget of more than 50,000 THB....

Edited by Richard-BKK

Hi, Daling,

Don't believe anything they tell you here... Nobody has experience and all believe in ghost stories.

The truth is that it's actual not so difficult to register a custom built motorcycle in Thailand. One company I'm partnering in builds custom “commercial” motorcycle vehicles for customers, for which you have to think ice-cream-selling, and others like that... and depending on the need they place engines that meet the task in constructions that often are not the same.

They have a 100% success rate of registering this motorcycle vehicles, okay most are 3 wheels, but I'm confidence that if you have a solid build 2-wheeler and I can label it as our build we can register it....

By the way a Lifan V-twin 250cc engine, which will pass the Thai emission standards will cost about 30,000 THB. It depends a bit how complete you want the engine to be... carburators or not ...etc...

Well we have to believe in ghost stories as one of the only guys on here claiming to have registered an un-registrable bike...is you.... Take your chinese enduro bike.

asked you many times but no answers..

maybe put on a how to do, would be interesting.

Hi, Daling,

Well we have to believe in ghost stories as one of the only guys on here claiming to have registered an un-registrable bike...is you.... Take your chinese enduro bike.

asked you many times but no answers..

Please keep things real, the GPX ZF250 you talk about is not built by me, nor, imported by me, not by one of the companies in Thailand that I own, partner or associate myself with, I personally never built or modified the motorcycle to pass any government inspection... I paid a external source and they did the paperwork...

If you have any problems with me having a GPX ZF250 legally registered, I would you contact the right authority to complain...

Edited by Richard-BKK
  • Like 1

Sure tell me how you make money in Thailand and I tell you... Of course we both know that it's not what is going to to happen, second if I tell you who too contact I would technically break forum rules.

So to forum rules I keep my contact very private, and so far nobody complained... not the dealer who offer the service of handling the registration of my CPX ZF250 and the people who asking... the only person who cannot figure it out is just you...

Still this is about an imported Chinese motorcycle which has actual little to nothing to do with a motorcycle manufactured in Thailand..., by materials sourced and manufactured in Thailand...

The difference in procedure is complete different, it only shows the level of knowledge somebody posting on this forum has about real business events in Thailand.

Edited by Richard-BKK
  • Like 1

Sure tell me how you make money in Thailand and I tell you... Of course we both know that it's not what is going to to happen, second if I tell you who too contact I would technically break forum rules.

So to forum rules I keep my contact very private, and so far nobody complained... not the dealer who offer the service of handling the registration of my CPX ZF250 and the people who asking... the only person who cannot figure it out is just you...

Still this is about an imported Chinese motorcycle which has actual little to nothing to do with a motorcycle manufactured in Thailand..., by materials sourced and manufactured in Thailand...

The difference in procedure is complete different, it only shows the level of knowledge somebody posting on this forum has about real business events in Thailand.

So i take it you are going to offer your professional services to the OP.

AND I MENTIONED THE zf because i was interested in buying one... if i remember you were un- officially promoting them at that time.

You stated you had it registered, while the importer told me can not.. so i was interested. then like now NO INFO you even after asking repeatedly.

You know as well as i do that a service making it doable and easier to register bikes etc would be profitable..yet you do not offer said service.. but call us dumb and having no knowledge of business.. get real.

PS.. and the OP is talking about a one off bike. not a vehicle manufactured as you put it.

I know he will need to get the design, materials and end product examined by a a competent Thai engineer.. I was hoping that you would give some additional details.. but NO. like usual.

pps.."second if I tell you who too contact I would technically break forum rules.". why would you?

Edited by thaicbr

AND I MENTIONED THE zf because i was interested in buying one... if i remember you were un- officially promoting them at that time.

You stated you had it registered, while the importer told me can not.. so i was interested. then like now NO INFO you even after asking repeatedly.

You know as well as i do that a service making it doable and easier to register bikes etc would be profitable..yet you do not offer said service.. but call us dumb and having no knowledge of business.. get real.

PS.. and the OP is talking about a one off bike. not a vehicle manufactured as you put it.

I know he will need to get the design, materials and end product examined by a a competent Thai engineer.. I was hoping that you would give some additional details.. but NO. like usual.

pps.."second if I tell you who too contact I would technically break forum rules.". why would you?

He can PM you can't he.?? smile.png

He can PM you can't he.?? smile.png

you would think! never happens