Two Injured In Paraglider Crash In Hue Yai

Rimmer

Two-seater Paraglider crash-lands in East Pattaya Potato field

19_01_55_3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A two-seater paraglider crash-landed in a Potato-field in East Pattaya on Thursday, injuring the foreign Pilot and passenger. Rescue services along with the Department of Civil Aviation were informed of the crash in the field which badly damaged the paraglider and caused minor damage to the field. The paraglider is thought to have taken off from the Pattaya Airfield, located close-by in the Huoy Yai area, and suffered major engine problems, forcing it to crash-land in the field. The Pilot and passenger, who are both thought to be British, were taken to the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya for treatment as a precaution

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-01-19

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I am no expert, but those potato plants look more like what you would expect to see in a Rastafarian's green house...

It's Tapioca not Tatties!!laugh.png

I hope you noticed that it did not say potatoes on the TV header smile.png

So not a potato field and not a paraglider.

Still an interesting little news snippet, I am actually thinking about having a go at that Paramotor malarkey, looks fun.

I used to fly paragliders for many years which is why I'm particular about what the aircraft is called. I used to see the microlight involved in this crash flying over Jomtien on many an evening and I'm sorry to see that they've crashed. Also glad to see that the occupants survived relatively unscathed.

The paramotor malarkey is surprisingly popular up in rural Thailand where many small workshops make them using engines salvaged from crashed motorbikes. If you're going to have a go you might consider using one that has a tricycle undercarriage frame, rather than using your own legs as the landing gear. I takes longer to fix bones than aluminium. Trust me, I know.

• 9 months later...

So not a potato field and not a paraglider.

Still an interesting little news snippet, I am actually thinking about having a go at that Paramotor malarkey, looks fun.

I used to fly paragliders for many years which is why I'm particular about what the aircraft is called. I used to see the microlight involved in this crash flying over Jomtien on many an evening and I'm sorry to see that they've crashed. Also glad to see that the occupants survived relatively unscathed.

The paramotor malarkey is surprisingly popular up in rural Thailand where many small workshops make them using engines salvaged from crashed motorbikes. If you're going to have a go you might consider using one that has a tricycle undercarriage frame, rather than using your own legs as the landing gear. I takes longer to fix bones than aluminium. Trust me, I know.

Best stick with the Rotax petrol engine made in Europe. Extremely reliable and I've never been let down by one over many hours of flying microlites. I wouldn't touch a 2 stroke with a barge pole or an engine of dubious background in order to save money.

Best stick with the Rotax petrol engine made in Europe. Extremely reliable and I've never been let down by one over many hours of flying microlites. I wouldn't touch a 2 stroke with a barge pole or an engine of dubious background in order to save money.

Quite some rotax engines are 2 strokes. Only the 912 and 914 are 4 strokes...

The 503 and 582 are still very popular and both 2 stroke..

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App