How Quick Do Hk Embassy Charge The Card For Passport Apps?

According to tracking my uk passport renewal application arrived yesterday at HK embassy. Today my bank card has still not been charged, given the website seem to indicate to process is kicked off the date the payment is taken I am a little worried the application been declined. Admittedly the passport photos I sent have a plain white background which I only now just realised, is there a way to contact them to confirm or will I have to wait some weeks for them to write to me via conventional mail.

Last week my passport application was received by the Consul-General on Thursday and the next day my visa debit card was debited the amount of 9100 baht to cover the cost of the new passport and assuming all shipping costs to return the passport back to me in Chiang Mai

A seperate question is how do l know if the passport application has been sent to the UK as l have no notification from Hong Kong. Is there a tracking service or do l have to ring Kong Kong to find out this information

>visa debit card was debited the amount of 9100 baht

Was that for 48 pages? The bigger version?

Yes the 48 page passport which i think the cost is 154 english pounds. My current passport was the smaller version and all the pages were used up in 5 years

Yes the 48 page passport which i think the cost is 154 english pounds.

It's worth reminding ourselves that to get a 48 page passport in the UK costs £90.50 for the standard service, £120.50 the fast track one week service and £130.50 for a same day service.

I know many of us are not in the UK but I believe the extra cost to be disproportunate, slightly over double the cost for an item that's dispatched from the same place.