Airport Rail Link

fm2002

Have to fly to BKK next week from Chiang Rai and want to use the Rail Link to get to BKK. I usually stay at a hotel just off Asoke and Sukhumvit. I read the map section on the Rail Link website, but none of the locations are familiar to me. Can someone please tell me where if any of the stops are located along Sukhumvit, preferably between Asoke and Nana ?

Makkasan is on Asoke, both services stop there, from there you can walk to the Petchburi MRT Station, 5/10 minutes, which is one stop to the Sukhumvit/Asoke Intersection, there is no walkway yet.

You could continue your journey to Phaya Thai, the next stop on the express or two stops on the City Line, from Phaya Thai there is a walkway to the BTS station where you could catch the Skytrain back to Sukhumvit, that's a pretty busy service and might not be good if you have baggage.

Makkasan is on Asoke, both services stop there, from there you can walk to the Petchburi MRT Station, 5/10 minutes, which is one stop to the Sukhumvit/Asoke Intersection, there is no walkway yet.

You could continue your journey to Phaya Thai, the next stop on the express or two stops on the City Line, from Phaya Thai there is a walkway to the BTS station where you could catch the Skytrain back to Sukhumvit, that's a pretty busy service and might not be good if you have baggage.

Depending on the time, any option would be bad with baggage.

I think Phaya Thai would be easier with baggage (out of peak) because there is no traipsing across roads and rail lines and also no security checking bags.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I like to get the train to Makkasan - then find it easiest for my trip to Nana to hop in a taxi

I'm not happy with the taxi ride from the airport to Bangkok because of the speed that they drive but from Makkasan the traffic slows them down

Where do you catch the taxi and which direction does it go?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

You have to go downstairs via the escalator - usually there are people giving directions. I'm so used to it now that I can't remember if there are signs for the taxi rank - I think there are

As to where the taxi goes - I just ask for Nana and 20 mins later if the traffic is reasonable I'm there

Sorry I can't be more specific