Adivce Needed On Shipping Costs And Procedures From The Uk

burnsie

Hi all,

Moving back to LOS after about 6 years in the UK and was wondering if i could get some advice on costs, recommend companies and procedures for shipping back the contents of a 3 bedroom house, The missus is Thai so I'm hoping that we would get the container past Thai customs without any additional duty to pay, thats if we shipped it back in her name. Once it arrives at the Bangkok port we would then want the container taken up to Wichinburi, on the southern edge of Petchabun. I'm a bit worried on getting hit by customs when they find electrical goods in the container eg, LCD TVs, washing machine, tumble dryer etc and also if they find my clothes and personal belongings of mine, maybe I'm being paranoid but thought customs might try and argue that container was shipped in wifes name so it should only be her personal belongings?? I got a quote from Anglo-Pacific and Prices for 20ft container just to the port were £835, but thats just to the port with all other costs for clearing customs and transporting it 300kms down to us, any infortmation and advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.