Motorcycle Test For Thai G/F

nattydread

my g/f wants to get a bike license and would like to know what skills and knowledge she needs to be able to pass the test

i bought her a Yamaha Mio which i drive to a quiet mooban and let her practice on it but would like to know if there is professional training available in Chiang Mai

she says there is a written test but when i asked her is there a "Highway Code" (UK) type book to buy for her to study up on the road signs and rules of the road she just gave me a blank stare LOL

So is there a book to buy to assist in her road training and has anybody elses g/f or wife done the test and ccan give any advice.......thanks

some of the thai book stores have the road rules. Usually there is 2 training talk, then co-ordination eye sight tests, a computer multiple choice test and a one minute practical riding the bike around a track. Dead easy

Edited by taichiplanet

some of the thai book stores have the road rules. Usually there is 2 training talk, then co-ordination eye sight tests, a computer multiple choice test and a one minute practical riding the bike around a track. Dead easy

+1 same for the car test for when you get her a car lol. Except the car is around a course at the same location. Both are very easy compared to the UK tests.

She'll have to drive around a few cones until she can do it correctly and thus passes.

And do and re-do a multiple choice test until she passes it.

If she's really struggling and taking up too much time she'll just be passed as to not annoy the testers.

Well, why does it always have to be the GF or wife? Anyway, easy test. Same nearly as the one for the car. Driving test is hilariously easy. Take off from standing start along 10 meter long, 1 meter wide raised concrete strip (must not allow tires to leave strip or put feet down), make a turn or u-turn, make several more turns and sharp turns through orange cones, come to a stop at starting area. I borrowed the scooter of the lady in front of me, she failed first time. Second time, she failed because she took off and forgot to put the stand up. I almost left the strip from laughing so hard at how easy it was.