Most See Yingluck Government Ineffective: Poll

webfact

Poll: Most See Yingluck Government Ineffective

According to the latest opinion poll conducted by Ramkamhaeng University, most people see the government, led by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, as ineffective in running the country, particularly the flood crisis management.

Most do not believe that the administration will last more than two years.

Ramkamhaeng University has recently conducted an opinion poll on the image of the government led by Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra in 2012 among 11,000 respondents in the greater Bangkok area.

According to the poll results, 27 percent of the respondents view the Yingluck administration as ineffective in running the country, particularly the flood crisis management from September to December of last year.

Meanwhile, 24.6 percent see the government as being transparent while 18 percent believe the administration is involved in corruption and 16.66 percent claim that it only serves Pheu Thai Party members.

At the same time, 32.77 percent do not think the Yingluck administration will last longer than two years, 24.12 percent give the government three years while 28.70 percent expect it to finish its four-year term.

When asked to rate their satisfaction with the government, 33.84 percent are not satisfied with the government's performance while 31.58 and 17.63 percent give it satisfactory and very good marks respectively.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-01-23

footer_n.gif

Exactly so, and is not support for this government normally higher outside Bangkok?

Perhaps the Headline should be, "Quite A Lot Of Of The People We Asked See Yingluck Government Ineffective".

Edited by JAG

I am sure if this poll was taken up North or Isaan, the people would vote that the PM is effective. But for those educated Thais who live anywhere in Thailand and see how she has filled her cabinet with a bunch of bimbos (in otherwords, not qualified) and how she responds to various challenges...one would know that (unfortunately) Yingluck is a puppet just following her brother's orders. Sad...very sad that she is being used by HIS political party and she doesn't mind.

Edited by toenail

I am sure if this poll was taken up North or Isaan, the people would vote that the PM is effective. But for those educated Thais who live anywhere in Thailand and see how she has filled her cabinet with a bunch of bimbos (in otherwords, not qualified) and how she responds to various challenges...one would know that (unfortunately) Yingluck is a puppet just following her brother's orders. Sad...very sad that she is being used by HIS political party and she doesn't mind.

Opposite to the West and the South.

TAN - gotta love those poor suckers...

According to the latest opinion poll, most people see the TAN as ineffective in producing news stories that accurate, factual, and remotely interesting to read.

If this poll is accurate, how can 25% of educated persons answer -this government is transparent ??? unless they are uni-scholars uneducated. I also see 35% see that this government is corrupt/together with favouring PT members only (isn't that corrupt). I have yet to see a fair Poll- Election-and almost any matters conducted in Thailand---fairness is opposite to what you get here in everyday life. I love it here----because I learn how to side step it.

I don't think anyone can accept these figures as a reflection---much the same as the TAT figures-- or every child will have the tablet- but not now-as it's been discovered that hundreds of schools do not have/decent electricity. or they are for a selected few initially--these are examples of lies-and untruths--so the polls-think what you like ??

I think from the figures above, most people see the government as effective rather than ineffective. Unless I'm missing something!

They say that bull#hit baffles brains, that saying cannot apply to Thailand because the second part of the saying does not exist here. and as you say you are missing something--sure... logic... you are caught up with this poll as it is true. amazing...try a more open view of the government--ask yourself honestly if it's corrupt- ask yourself if there is some monkey business going on--ask yourself if their promises have been kept. answer has to be negative. Or keep your red favourable opinion.

50% of the people of Bangkok (where the government got its lowest score during the last election) are either satisfied or very satisfied with the government.

73% of the respondents see the government as effective in running the country

And 82% see the government free of corruption

I don't make these figures up. It's all in the poll in the OP

Which proved, according to ginjag, and we agree with him, that a very large majority of the population has a red favourable opinion.

50% of the people of Bangkok (where the government got its lowest score during the last election) are either satisfied or very satisfied with the government.

Which proved, according to ginjag, and we agree with him, that a very large majority of the population has a red favourable opinion.

If 27% of people interviewed see this government as ineffective, it doesn't mean 73% see them as effective. Siminar remarks can be made on other figures you dreamed up. The poll as described doesn't give many details, and as most of these polls have limited value (independent of pro or against whatever government).

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Does anyone have a link to the source or to another reference for this poll?

All I can find is the original article on TAN and the reposting here. I don't find any other references to this poll out there - which seems a bit odd.

It would be nice to see the real numbers since TAN is not reliable WRT accuracy...

Before commenting on polls, everybody should watch the related episode of Yes (Prime?) Minister. The outcome of a poll can be altered by subtle alteration of the question, the tone and emphasis placed on the question and even the pollster's body language feedback to the responses given.

If 27% of people interviewed see this government as ineffective, it doesn't mean 73% see them as effective. Siminar remarks can be made on other figures you dreamed up. The poll as described doesn't give many details, and as most of these polls have limited value (independent of pro or against whatever government).

Agree with you. I was just having fun about these polls that have no meaning.

TAN - gotta love those poor suckers...

According to the latest opinion poll, most people see the TAN as ineffective in producing news stories that accurate, factual, and remotely interesting to read.

Maybe you and the Falang suckers believing the government are doing a good job, a minority though

Edited by KKvampire