Does This Product Exist?

KruJoe

Hi All!

I'm looking for a "mini notebook" for my wife to use, we have narrowed down the search to a dual core Samsung Series 3, 11.6" screen, at about 13,000 B.

Two versions are widely available, the E-350 with a 320gb hard drive, and the E-450 with 4hundred-and-something gb.

However, one place (in a well-known electronics mall in Chiang Mai) has offered us an "E-550" with 500gb, otherwise the same spec, at a price comparable to the others, available at two day's notice, and in the colour she wants rolleyes.gif ... but I can't find this one anywhere on the internet. Am I being dumb or does it not exist?

May I admit right now that I find spec lists of computers baffling...

Thanks in advance.

Samsung E550 seems to be a 'Sound Bar'. Not a computer.

If this Mini E550 has a 500GB drive and the same spec then go look at the computer and see if it does indeed have a 500GB drive.

Start, My Computer, C drive.

Right click, properties.

That tells you the capacity of a drive. If not 500 GB you know he is telling you porky pies :)

I have had a look and the e350 and e450 refer to the amd processor, i can find no trace of a e550 processor listed, specs for the e450 are here with a 500 gb harddrive, hard drives jump from 320gb and then 500gb no 400's - http://mobileraptor....top-to-hit.html

maybe he has it wrong and it is in fact the e450,

a 500gb hard drive shows as 465 gb

Edited by steve187

Thank you Dingo and Steve. It would be simple to check the specs if every store had all the models in stock, but this shop, as with many, have a few on display but you have to wait for the one you want to be sent up-country.

Steve, it looks like you may be right, we have the guy's number so we'll quiz him carefully tomorrow.

That Philippine link hints that they have even more colour choice there... don't tell MrsKJ!

Oh, btw, googling Samsung E550, E450, and E350, I found those "Sound Bars"(?), mobile phones and these laptops; they have so many products they must be running out of product codes!

Thanks again, I'll report back.

Joe

Sam Thanks for your offer, but today we have put a deposit on an E-350 spec Samsung in PINK.

The guy offering the 'E-550' had his wires crossed, so we continued the search. The E-350 is plenty for my wife and we found a good price. Sorted.

Thanks again!