Marriage Requirements?

TheKeeNok

I all! I would like to get some first hand information on how easy or difficult it is to register a marriage. I don t require information on the ceremony.

I have pasted a list of requirements needed and would like to know whether they are all needed and which ones would be problematic.

A non-imm O visa

Marriage certificate (Kor Ror 3)

Current Kor Ror 2 from your District Office (Amphur)

Three photos each of the two of you in your house and in front of your house with house number showing, if you have children, please include them in the photo.

A hand drawn map to your house.

A letter from your Village Headman (phuyai ban) testifying to your relationship

40,000 Baht per month income or 400,000 baht in the bank for a minimum of 2 months, 3 months if reapplying.

Thai spouse’s ID card.

Thai spouse’s House Registration Document (tabien ban).

Copies of all Thai stamps in passport and ID page.

TM 6 Departure card.

Two visa photos.

Q: How can I get that elusive non-imm O visa if I am not yet married?

Q: Does the 400 000bt have to be in my bank account 2 months BEFORE I register? (stupid question, I m sure the answer is yes!)

Is it really as easy as other web sites say it is?

Would like to know from people with first hand experience!

Tanks!!!

You have posted extension of stay requirements for having a Thai wife. That has nothing to do with marriage.

Marriage registration procedures are normally clearly listed on your Embassy web site or they will provide (as they are involved).

Paper from Embassy with your bio data and that not married and several references address in home country. Translated into Thai and registered as a legal document at Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. That and your passport is all you require - spouse will require the same if foreign or ID materials if Thai.

There is no need for a non immigrant visa.

400k must be in bank account 2 months prior to application for one year extension of stay - nothing to do with getting married.

Yes, marriage is very easy. It's the future that may be less so.