Loco Elvis, Tex Mex Night Club

mrmark2009

Depends on your symptoms to determine whether or not it was food poisoning from the where and when you ate in the last couple of days. "food poisoning" is a very loose term these days. Doesn't really mean the food is bad, but maybe the handler, sanitation or surroundings are infected. You don't need to eat to get "food poisoning," simply licking an infected spoon will have you hanging over the bog the whole night.

If it was shortly after, it probably wasn't Loco Elvis: food poisoning, according to most health websites kicks in between 12 and 24 hours after consuming food.

Then those websites are rubbish. Symptoms often develop as soon as 30 minutes after eating toxic food and usually within a few hours.

I have been there twice and not had any problems but both times there was a horrible smell emanating from the street sewer.

I tried it with the Mrs last Friday night and was not Impressed at all nor was the missus and it cost me 600 baht which I thought was overpriced for what we had which was a quesadilla and fajitas and 1 beer and 1 soda I would not normally be bothered with the price but the food was really dissapointing so price became an issue.

large portions for sure but dissapointing the place opposite ( I think its diablos) is way better

Both the Mrs and I agreed we wont be back

DK

sounds like quality varies wildly then... first time I went it was great, and I mean really great burrito, second time it was still OK but not sooo good. I hope they sort it out, CM needs this. And yep the sewers smell like... sewers...

I didn't get food poisoning, but the food reminded me and the family of something you would eat out of the frozen food section at the grocery store. The smell from the sewer was quite bad as well. Hey, didn't Elvis die on the toilet? Sounds ironic. Good thing I am getting health insurance. Can anyone point me in the direction of a descent health insurance plan. It looks like I am going to need it.

Franco

The wife and I ate there a couple weeks ago . I was not impressed with the food and wont go back ........ I will say I did not get sick !!! Well a little when I looked at the bill ....... Atmosphere is nice and the staff was nice but I went to eat good food and left disapointed ........