Thai PM Stresses Thailand Is Good Place For Investment

webfact

shes still a thief same as her brother but if you want to stay naive who am I to stop you in your stupidity Who cares anyway just enjoy Thailand and whatever you do dont do business here except maybe property or shares then you can be on coattails of Taksin and other elite robber barons

nepotism is an ugly word, as is cronyism

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How the hell is Thailand a good investment country when I have to give away 51% of my business to a Thai?

I think what Thai PM meant was that Thailand is good place for investment FOR THAIS.

Foreigners can have 100% ownership of a business in Thailand.

Foreigners can hold 100% ownership of businesses in non-restricted categories, such as exporting businesses and certain types of manufacturing businesses. Other methods to obtain 100% non-Thai control are through (1) application for an alien business license (2) Board of Investment (BOI) Promotion which may include assistance with an alien business license (3) registration through the Treaty of Amity (if you are an American). Read more about Foreign Companies.

http://www.thailand-lawyer.com/company_registration2.html

How the hell is Thailand a good investment country when I have to give away 51% of my business to a Thai?

I think what Thai PM meant was that Thailand is good place for investment FOR THAIS.

Foreigners can hold 100% ownership of businesses in non-restricted categories, such as exporting businesses and certain types of manufacturing businesses. Other methods to obtain 100% non-Thai control are through (1) application for an alien business license (2) Board of Investment (BOI) Promotion which may include assistance with an alien business license (3) registration through the Treaty of Amity (if you are an American). Read more about Foreign Companies.

http://www.thailand-...istration2.html

Please, tell me what is "non-restricted categories"?

If it was sooo easy to have 100% ownership of a business in Thailand, why didn´t IKEA do that?

I know if you are an American, you can own the business 100% but there are other countries than the USA.

http://www.thailand-...istration2.html

If it was sooo easy to have 100% ownership of a business in Thailand, why didn´t IKEA do that?

I know if you are an American, you can own the business 100% but there are other countries than the USA.

Google is your friend ;) You'll be able to find more details relevant to your situation faster than I can type out info here.

But you probably already know that everything around agriculture and telecommunications are restricted categories.

The link in my post has a pretty good amount of information in the form of Q & A. It is a good place to start.

Yes, BOI's can be (and so is the company I work for) fully foreign owned but BOI in itself has a lot of rules around it (along limited set of types of business that can be, much closer oversight etc) and even as a BOI different departments can complain or be 'on purpose slow' if one would hire too many foreigners for example... they can always find ways to make their will come through in the end.

But it doesn't change the fact that in my home-nation I look around and see most restaurants being owned by non-natives - and here that is impossible. Imagine the fun if every Thai restaurant back home was told that they could only own 49% in their own name...I think my nation would be called the R word...

Edited by TAWP

Briefly, it was clear that one of the accusations against this gov't during the election campaign was that it would not be patriotic enough. Not being perceived as being patriotic enough, remains, IMO, one of the primary threats against the PTP. In this light, it should not be surprising that the gov't makes the enforcement of LM laws a priority.

Yes. I just get a giggle out of the fact that one of the main complaints by the PTP and red shirts was the shutting down of websites by the previous government, yet this government spend even more money doing the exact same thing.

I don't like it, I don't agree with it, and it is open to abuse and does get abused. But I recognize that this could be a defensive strategy for political survival.

So far I haven't seen reports of blatant censorship targeting the PAD or Democrats. Has anyone else?

Nor have I seen one instance of the PTP government using LM as a poitical tool.

The IKEA franchise in Thailand is owned by Ikano, a Singaporean company.

The IKEA shopping centre (more than just the IKEA store) is a joint venture between Ikano and a couple of Thai development companies.

What instances were there of the previous government using it as a political tool? It was more the PTP using it as a political tool, blaming the Democrats for doing exactly what the PTP are doing now.

What instances were there of the previous government using it as a political tool? It was more the PTP using it as a political tool, blaming the Democrats for doing exactly what the PTP are doing now.

in the run-up to the election, maybe? Don't tell me that you have forgotten already...

:)

She was a keynote speaker at the opening conference called "Women as the Way Forward” intended to exchange opinions on the values and roles of female leaders.

That a puppet, that hasn't held any job that her brother hasn't assigned for her, elected as a proxy for the only reason that she has the same family name as her brother and a pretty face, to be a keynote speaker on a conference called "Women as the Way Forward" its an insult to women in real positions of leadership that have earned their status through their own skills and struggles.

F****** Yingluck talking about the values and roles of female leaders

Pathetic.

As noted previously in Yingluck WEF thread #2, Yingluck was not a keynote speaker.

She had 6 brief minutes of opening remarks, not a keynote address, delivered to the international audience in Thai, with a farang male translating into English on the translation headsets.

(starts at 5 minutes 30 seconds)

You could chop facebook today and there are still loads of platforms for freedom of speech......rather unfortunately in some cases.

Is that the Pol Pot-yard stick? Unless every sole venue of speech is blocked it is still in your eyes 'free' and no actions is of concern?

I take it then that you missed the announcement from Twitter on Friday?

Twitter announced on Friday it will allow foreign governments to censor tweets within their own countries."As we continue to grow internationally, we will enter countries that have different ideas about the contours of freedom of expression. Some differ so much from our ideas that we will not be able to exist there. Others are similar but, for historical or cultural reasons, restrict certain types of content, such as France or Germany, which ban pro-Nazi content." Until now, the only way Twitter could block content was by deleting it entirely. The new policy allows it to block users in specific countries from seeing certain tweets."Starting today, we give ourselves the ability to reactively withhold content from users in a specific country — while keeping it available in the rest of the world," Twitter wrote.

Source multiple newsfeeds

Now, the question that then arises, what exactly is the issue about Facebook in Thailand that sets it apart from the restrictions other countries have on Facebook? And then there is this announcement from Twitter. Do you plan on blaming Thailand for that as well?

It is not that I disagree with your position that broad censorship raises a bunch of issues, including freedom of speech. I understand your fundamental point, and I do agree with some of your sentiment. However, the Thai approach to Facebook is really no different that Thai Visa's rules in respect to the discussion of certain subjects. Why are you angry at the Thai government on this issue? It has tried to address the LM law but was met with significant resistance from some political groups and the military. Shouldn't you be wagging a finger at those vested interests, rather than the government that wishes to make some changes? Seems to me that your anger is misdirected.

A little sad potentially and scary. During the floods this past year, Twitter was the single place I and my family (and close friends) could depend on for timely, accurate information. Can you imagine being in the same situation and not having access to such information as could happen if the government would censor tweets?

• Like 1

She was a keynote speaker at the opening conference called "Women as the Way Forward” intended to exchange opinions on the values and roles of female leaders.

That a puppet, that hasn't held any job that her brother hasn't assigned for her, elected as a proxy for the only reason that she has the same family name as her brother and a pretty face, to be a keynote speaker on a conference called "Women as the Way Forward" its an insult to women in real positions of leadership that have earned their status through their own skills and struggles.

F****** Yingluck talking about the values and roles of female leaders

Pathetic.

exactly, nepotism is an ugly word, as is cronyism

Edited by z12

If I burn down a building and get charged for it - is it because I am being persecuted by PTP? Or is it because I committed a crime?

exactly, or as this girl so eloquently put it: “I’m a red shirt supporter. Why arrest me?”

Naked Bar worker causes a stir in Central Pattaya

http://www.thaivisa....entral-pattaya/

Pattaya Nude Lady Dancing On Mazda’s Roof

A drunk woman in Pattaya climbed up on the roof of a Mazda. Stripped off her clothes performed a nude show at the Central Pattaya traffic lights. This happened after the driver of the car, younger sister of the drunk woman had hit & run a German on motorbike.

suddenly Ms. Sukhontha Khemthong age 36, the elder sister of Ms. Suthathip Khemthong the passenger, who was severely drunk shouted “I’m a red shirt supporter. Why arrest me?”

Edited by z12

Not to worry, PM mr T clone has outlawed floods, all is well.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.

Clouds of myst'ry pouring Confusion on the ground.

Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;

And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

I went down Virginia, Seeking shelter from the storm.

Caught up in the fable, I watched the tower grow.

Five year plans and new deals, Wrapped in golden chains.

And I wonder, Still I wonder Who'll stop the rain.

Heard the singers playing, How we cheered for more.

The crowd had rushed together, Trying to keep warm.

Still the rain kept pouring, Falling on my ears.

And I wonder, Still I wonder Who'll stop the rain

Creedence Clearwater Revival - "Who'll Stop The Rain"

PM clone, appoints two committees and an agency

PM Yingluck to head new flood agency "single command agency"

http://www.nationmul...y-30174809.html

the two flood-related committees appointed by Premier Yingluck to turn the natural disaster into a chance for national recovery and reconciliation.

http://www.nationmul...n-30170489.html

reminds me of Bill Murray as Mayor Cole

Mayor Cole: "I will appoint a committee to study the generator problem"

City of Ember (2008)

Edited by z12

If I burn down a building and get charged for it - is it because I am being persecuted by PTP? Or is it because I committed a crime?

Why would you "getting charged" for burning down a building be an indication of persecution by the PTP?

The PTP is a political party, members of which were elected to form the government of Thailand. The charges would be brought by the police and the legal proceedings handled by the crown prosecutor. The PTP would not be bringing the charges.On the other hand if the charges were motivated by a political vendetta and the allegations made to counter a civil protest against a despotic government with no electoral mandate, I could see your argument about a political basis.

hm,

the MAJORITY of the Thais that voted, voted AGAINST the PTP

now that sounds like a MANDATE

Yes, but PTP are the government in Thailand , it would appear that is too big and bitter pill for you and others to swallow, and as it sticks in your crop, so it chokes your balanced reasoning

I invested 1,500,000 baht here in a Garment business. Had 49% shares, 22 Thai workers and was bringing in an average of around 20,000 THB per day profit.

One night while I was sleeping my Thai partner had 2 trucks come into my factory and loaded everything including electrical fixtures in to the truck and was gone. I went to the shop the next day at 8:00 am to find it empty and all workers gone.

Went to the police, Lawyers etc. and was simply told "som nam na."

That is pretty harsh! What kind of lawyers did you go to? Did you try searching Business lawyers Thailand: Chaninant & Leeds. They seem pretty professional and experienced in all types of business litigation and could probably help you recover your funds.