Elephants Seized In Kanchanaburi

Lite Beer

Elephants seized in Kanchanaburi

The Nation on Sunday

Kanchanaburi:-- Authorities in Kanchanaburi and from the National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department have seized 51 elephants from three elephant camps in Sai Yok district for inspection.

Two more camps will be inspected this week in an effort to stop people taking the identity papers of dead elephants and passing the documents off as those of elephants taken from the wild.

According to district Chief Somchart Theerasuwannachak, the officials are now inspecting the identity papers of the elephants and have collected blood samples from six elephant calves for DNA testing. It will take around two weeks to know the tests' results. The results must confirm that they are the calves of elephants that the owners claim to be their mothers, otherwise police will take legal action.

Owners would have to present documents for the calves to authorities for comparison with the authorities' documents, Somchart said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-01-29

at last............ a sensible,realistic and effective method to control the capture of wild elephants and the safety of present ones.

now, if the BIB just do their jobs properly and dont get involved in tea money, then this will work.

wonder if they can get the elephants to piss into a cup for analysis. cowboy.gif

• Like 1

"otherwise police will take legal action."

I am gonna bet that this invovles 'tea money'.

Ordinarily I don't go in for Thai bashing but yesterday some Thai lass got her jollies on the van ride by 'farang bashing'. What century do they think they'd be in if it weren't for Farangs!

"otherwise police will take legal action."

I am gonna bet that this invovles 'tea money'.

Ordinarily I don't go in for Thai bashing but yesterday some Thai lass got her jollies on the van ride by 'farang bashing'. What century do they think they'd be in if it weren't for Farangs!

"The same century everyone else is in" more than likely. Centuries don't change. People change centuries and as it seems the way things are turning out globally from the Farangs future is bleek at best. One never know's what's best for another (save parenting of course) Why do people of the west think they are what's good for everyone else. Seems somewhat Nero minded.