Mazda 3 Vs Ford Fiesta

Kismet

Perhaps he meant Mazda2?

If seriously looking to compare value for money between a Mazda3 and a 1.4L Fiesta, the Fiesta wins hands-down - the Mazda3 is not even remotely close to being twice the car wink.png

but if it was mazda2 and fiesta1,4, I couldnt even consider the fiesta, as very time I drove it I would dream about that 1,6powershift option I didnt get

mazda2 wins in THgiggle.gif

• Like 1

Perhaps he meant Mazda2?

If seriously looking to compare value for money between a Mazda3 and a 1.4L Fiesta, the Fiesta wins hands-down - the Mazda3 is not even remotely close to being twice the car wink.png

but if it was mazda2 and fiesta1,4, I couldnt even consider the fiesta, as very time I drove it I would dream about that 1,6powershift option I didnt get

He means Mazda 2, surely. The 1.6 fiesta with the 6 speed powershift [and 6-speaker wraparound stereo and leather if you DON"T get the hatchback] wins hands down.

Perhaps he meant Mazda2?

He means Mazda 2, surely. The 1.6 fiesta with the 6 speed powershift [and 6-speaker wraparound stereo and leather if you DON"T get the hatchback] wins hands down.

sure, mazda2 1,4 auto is 574k baht and above fiesta is 699k baht, fiesta should win

sure, mazda2 1,4 auto is 574k baht and above fiesta is 699k baht, fiesta should win

Is this a new model ? was having my BT50 serviced last week, had the use of the Mazda 2 for 2 hours, nice to drive, but all the engines were the same 1.5

As for 'Which is the better car and best value for money ?' No idea, if I was looking to buy would test drive both, as far as looks go to me the Fiesta looks better from the front., but then I would be looking at the 1.6. 6 speed auto Fiesta

Is this a new model ? was having my BT50 serviced last week, had the use of the Mazda 2 for 2 hours, nice to drive, but all the engines were the same 1.5

As for 'Which is the better car and best value for money ?' No idea, if I was looking to buy would test drive both, as far as looks go to me the Fiesta looks better from the front., but then I would be looking at the 1.6. 6 speed auto Fiesta

sorry, spelling error, mazda2 1,5 auto is 574k baht, and thus competing with fiesta 1,4

• 4 weeks later...

The 1.4 Fiesta with 1 airbag, no folding wing mirrors, no alloys, no fogs etc is quite inferior to the 1.5 Mazda 2 in handling and we test drove both.

At the moment you can buy the 2nd in the range Mazda Spirit Sport comes with all the optional upgrades except the DVD player and leather steering wheel cover to the Maxx Sport - at around 550k baht it's excellent value and being that it is 1500cc you get 100k back after a year if its a Thai persons first car and they are over 21.

The 1.6 Sport Fiesta will cost you 130k more than the Mazda with (I'm told) a lower resale value, no 100k back but 6 speed gearbox, leather seats and voice control features.

Couldn't find how to share so repost

There's no point getting any version other than the 1.6 Sport Plus Fiesta, you gain front fog lights, reversing sensors, more lines on the silly little screen, extra speakers, USB, Bluetooth, Voice Activation, Fuel Consumption reader, steering column controls and 16inch alloys over 15. Oh and leather seats, leather steering wheel plus sports finishing (chrome and skirts/spoilers)

spot the difference below:

1248918059699.jpg

1248918059750.jpg

mazda-2-sport-picture-636434.jpeg

Edited by 2unique

I carefully considered both cars and plumped for the Fiesta...no complaints....yet

We just bought the Fiesta and it's wonderful, fun to drive and little if any road noise, everything looks well made and handles superbly..

Which model and why did you choose - just out of interest as my wife went the other way admittedly based on price, value for money and getting a 100k back

I went through the same decision one year back and bought the fiesta based on a friend's advice. I regretted it.the key issue is that ford service is horrible. I recently send my car back for an issue. I found out that it was a batch default but they didnt recall or tell owners but wait for them to come back themselves then they will change it as they insist it wasnt any safety concern. And I have to wait another 2months for it coz they didn't have the spare parts available. So much for the we deliver any spare parts in 24 hr guarantee.

Net...buy a Mazda 2

Wow, time and time again Ford seem to be getting ripped on after sales service.

It seems they have a superior product but just can't follow through on the after sales.

I really do hope Ford can turn this around!

Is it just a small number of complaints because people rarely post praises?

I'm not sure, but it certainly seems difficult to find a good Ford service department. offtopic.gif

It seems they have a superior product but just can't follow through on the after sales.

I'm not sure, but it certainly seems difficult to find a good Ford service department. offtopic.gif

I'm a longtime Ford fan and last year bought a new Fiesta in Thailand.

Nice car to drive and initially very happy however currently having serious issues regarding servicing.

I will never buy another Ford in Thailand.

I'm a longtime Ford fan and last year bought a new Fiesta in Thailand.

Nice car to drive and initially very happy however currently having serious issues regarding servicing.

I will never buy another Ford in Thailand.

Can you expand on this? What issues have you had with servicing? Regular servicing, or have you had any other problems that were poorly dealt with?

My Fiesta has been at a Ford dealer for over three months now.

Water got in while parked during the flood (it was never driven in water).

The water level was just below the seat cushion.

After six weeks they sent the seats away for cleaning, six weeks later and the seats have yet to be returned.

The car looks much worse now than when it was taken to the dealer.

I understand the flood caused many problems but three months?

My wife spoke to the service manager last week who said ring him in a week to remind him to take a look at the car... my wife is a polite and savvy negotiator but is getting no where.

To add insult to injury the insurance company (first class insurance from Ford, paid, not free) started ringing a month before the next annual premium was due requesting payment. The car hasn't even been fixed and the premium has gone up over 30%.

The dealer/insurance company also require a cash payment of 10,000 baht to cover replacement oil and brake pads on a car that has only done 4000 kms. I suppose it's in the policy somewhere but when I've mentioned this to other people they find the amount requested surprising.

So in three months Ford have gone from having a customer happy to recommend purchasing a Fiesta to having one who will never buy a Ford product in Thailand ever again.

My Fiesta has been at a Ford dealer for over three months now.

Water got in while parked during the flood (it was never driven in water).

The water level was just below the seat cushion.

After six weeks they sent the seats away for cleaning, six weeks later and the seats have yet to be returned.

Sounds to me like you should be pissed off with your insurance company..

It's pretty hard to believe the Ford dealer wanted to repair the chairs - they are in the business of selling parts.. My guess is the insurance assessor strong-armed them into it. Also, it sounds like the chair repairs are being undertaken by a 3rd party, which will also likely have been dictated by the insurance company, so how can you lay blame on the dealer for that?

The big question is, who is your insurer? I'd like to make sure I stay away from them ;)

3 months is pretty slow! As MRO says I'd chase up your insurer. Who are they? The seats should just be replaced I think. Our neighbour got their camry back several weeks ago which was damaged in the floods, fixed under insurance.