Thai Airlines - Schedule Changes

David48

For the information of THAI's passengers travelling to/from Australia until 24 March 2012 :

Due to THAI's ongoing fleet development which includes aircraft product upgrades and the scheduled aircraft maintenance programme, there will be some temporary changes to flight schedules and aircraft types used between Australia and Thailand effective immediately and until 24 Mar '12.

post-104736-0-64107300-1327936160_thumb.

Reading between the lines ... in the interest of reducing costs due to the drop in visitor numbers from Australia (despite the assurances of the relevant Thai Government spokesperson of total visitor numbers) Thai Air are changing their fleet (temporary changes apparently) and reducing their flight frequency to accommodate the reduced numbers ... all about saving face.

Thai Air article here ... http://www.thaiairways.com.au/thai_special_offers_desc.asp?special_cat=What%27s%20New&id=416

The same thing but to LAX is happening, but there it is more a reduction of the number of flights.

I think London will be next as they are upgrading the old 747's to have Seat TVs, instead of the old overhead projector.

Agreed LAX really got hit with a stop in ICN and no longer daily in May.

I like the PDF Thai did to trying to explain what they are doing in Australia - still trying to figure it out though http://www.thaiairways.com.au/vwm/upload/fabpics/27A_Aircraft_&_Product_Guide_sheet_Jan_12.pdf

Beanno2274 do you think they can play with LHR ? I was always under the impression slots were tied to aircraft type & # of seats ? I thought that was one of the reasons the A380 was being deployed to FRA first because they want the market to rebound before giving up a slot at LHR, any thoughts ?