Sourcing Original Branded Clothing In Los

Hi Guys, i run a small website selling clothes and whilst here in Thailand i was hoping to be able to find some original items i could purchase and sell on the website. I have looked long and hard but so far no luck. i have tried Pratunam (tho it is big and i may have missed something), chatachuk, MBK, Bobae, patpong, aranyapratet..... etc, but have had no luck

i thought that some of the original stock would end up somewhere in thailand as seconds, excess production etc

some of the factory outlets on the big roads are ok, but a little expensive to make purchasing viable

can anyone help me out here?? any ideas where else i should try, or contact details of anyone who is trading in original items of branded clothing

hope you are all well wai.gif

I don't believe it is possible to buy Lacoste (for example) at wholesale prices or 2nds for that matter and wouldn't trust anyone telling me otherwise unless it was direct from Lacoste themselves and that ain't gonna happen.

Anyone had any experience with buying from China? i know a lot of the factories that produce the original items are situated around the outskirts of Guangzhou

anyone had any experince with buying from here, or been here for a trip??

i believe it is a city of many millions, so would be good to have some contacts or good info before stumbling blindly down the plane steps :)

Anyone had any experience with buying from China? i know a lot of the factories that produce the original items are situated around the outskirts of Guangzhou

anyone had any experince with buying from here, or been here for a trip??

i believe it is a city of many millions, so would be good to have some contacts or good info before stumbling blindly down the plane steps smile.png

I am based in Guangzhou (3rd largest city in China) but I don't deal in clothes. I can tell you that many of the copies (good and bad) come from around here but it is very difficult to find any original overruns/knocked off stock etc as the locals buy themselves. There is a growing market for all original designer gear here which gets sold at prices higher than the west.

Depending on how experienced you are you could look for whatever trade show fits your purpose and plan a trip around that - you could then find suppliers and see the quality of the material etc - but it may not help you with the "originals" you are after.

I would also add that language, trust and maintaining quality are probably as big, if not bigger, issues than in Thailand.

I know of an original manufacture that sells at their own outlet down Samut Prakarn way. Off the top of my head can't remember their name and have no contact info at this point but I need to make a run down that way right past them sometime next Sunday possibly and can drop in and get you the info. if I can remember..

having been in the cothing game for twenty years you will as an independant retailer find it is not worth the effort.first they will not sell to you,seconds are normally sold to certain traders,then there is the quota,export tax,tax and vat at your destination,shipping.i used to sell goods made for the big stores,cabage as it is called,the labells would be either cut off or slit,then you would have to find the dealer and there is not a lot of profit to be made.there is plenty of good quality polo shits around that you could put your own motif on,but there again you would have to buy big quantities to make it pay.i have also been in the wholesale import side of it as well so i do know a bit about the game.