Kl Budget Hotel Near Thai Embassy

grumpyoldman

I used to be in China town most of my trips. 6-800 baht/night. Ok dining/beer at night. Train the few stops to TH Embassy is 20 baht.

latestays.com and agoda have the china town hotels listed

Corus as above is ok at 2k baht, but a further walk than trainstation, and really boring area at night, and hotel bar is like 400 baht for a beer

kl isnt a shit city you just dont know shit about it "thailand"

im not quite sure where the thai embassy is though im pretty sure itd be on raja chulan where all the other ones are?

anyway, china town(pasar seni) sucks dont go or stay there, your better off staying in brickfields for close proximity to the monorail and LRT which both can take u to the embassy easily, also the hotels are cheap starting around 650 baht and if you like indian food try jassal or GEM

and i suggest brickfields cause its where everyone goes via KL Sentral after arriving in either the lcct or KLIA and will just make your trip very smooth and pleasant

Edited by muaythaifun
  • Like 1

kl isnt a shit city you just dont know shit about it "thailand"

im not quite sure where the thai embassy is though im pretty sure itd be on raja chulan where all the other ones are?

anyway, china town(pasar seni) sucks dont go or stay there, your better off staying in brickfields for close proximity to the monorail and LRT which both can take u to the embassy easily, also the hotels are cheap starting around 650 baht and if you like indian food try jassal or GEM

and i suggest brickfields cause its where everyone goes via KL Sentral after arriving in either the lcct or KLIA and will just make your trip very smooth and pleasant

Thanks everybody.

MuayThaifun, is brickfields an area or a particular hotel? If it's an area, is there a particular hotel you stay at? I'm not necessarilly going there for nightlife, a decent restaurant and bar and I'd be fine, if it ends up being in the hotel even better, but either way, no big deal, just need some decent inexpensive digs.

GOM brickfields is the area that KL sentral is located in, its where you must go anyway, and is where all the trans, LRT and monorail aswell as busses travel to and from and if u do like to explore is the best place to stay for a tourist as its easy to find your way back from any mode listed above

like was stated early the YMCA is right next to KL sentral but so are plenty of other hotels that dont have the bad track record that the YMCA does for theft etc.

as for inexpensive i dunno what your budget would be, to me the two indian places i suggested are rather expensive but to others maybe not, its 100 baht for 2 pieces of tandoori chicken...butter chicken 200 baht, naan around 20 to 80 baht and dahl is cheap etc so i dunno

if you are coming soon before the 24th acutally i can meet u in KL sentral most anytime, as i live in brickfields and my days are free, but for instance tomorrow im going to penang for the weekend and on the 24th i leave for cambodia..and right after that phuket for the month ;)

to make it easy u can ask the concierge at KL sentral how to get to YMCA, you dont have to stay htere but once your in that area of brickfields youll find alot of restaurants some good alot of them not so good, the ones i listed are very good...and there are plenty of good hotels where many foreigners stay and youll be easy access to your embassy

GOM brickfields is the area that KL sentral is located in, its where you must go anyway, and is where all the trans, LRT and monorail aswell as busses travel to and from and if u do like to explore is the best place to stay for a tourist as its easy to find your way back from any mode listed above

like was stated early the YMCA is right next to KL sentral but so are plenty of other hotels that dont have the bad track record that the YMCA does for theft etc.

as for inexpensive i dunno what your budget would be, to me the two indian places i suggested are rather expensive but to others maybe not, its 100 baht for 2 pieces of tandoori chicken...butter chicken 200 baht, naan around 20 to 80 baht and dahl is cheap etc so i dunno

if you are coming soon before the 24th acutally i can meet u in KL sentral most anytime, as i live in brickfields and my days are free, but for instance tomorrow im going to penang for the weekend and on the 24th i leave for cambodia..and right after that phuket for the month wink.png

to make it easy u can ask the concierge at KL sentral how to get to YMCA, you dont have to stay htere but once your in that area of brickfields youll find alot of restaurants some good alot of them not so good, the ones i listed are very good...and there are plenty of good hotels where many foreigners stay and youll be easy access to your embassy

Right on thanks for the info and the offer.

I'll get in Wednesday night next week, head for KL Sentral, ask how to get to YMCA (or catch a cab there?) and then just pull into whatever hotel looks o.k. in those parts. Any other advice appreciated. Cheers, GOM

no, when u arrive in KL sentral, if u arrive by bus and your underground in a tunnell, instead of going up the escalator, u can walk straight through(everyone will be walking the same way in the tunnel either towards or away from the escalator/stairs) and find your way walking untill you come out into the street, from there you will see a gas station, a cross walk and YMCA is straight ahead

any other way u arrive KL sentral just ask the concierge how to get to YMCA, and the bus is the best choice to get to KL sentral from any airport its fast and cheap i think 8 RM usually

YMCA is good if your not bringing anything valuable, its still good if your are but this place is also good;

www.myhotels.com.my

its right next to my girl friends college and YMCA next door to old town kopitiam. kopitiam sucks though dont eat there...

there are more and cheaper ones to i think if u want me to pop in and get the email and contact i can do i walk around brickfields everyday

the place i listed above said usually u want 1 week in advance booking i see alot of white people there so its probably good, the flyer says starting at 98 RM so like 1k baht, the YMCA is like 80 or 90 RM im not sure but theres plenty of hotels here, ill look around sorry for late reply was in penang this weekend

and if u dont feel like looking around kl ill list the good food places in brickfields for you, not many pubs but plenty of places for beer

Edited by muaythaifun

KL isn't a shit city, only for people who are shit themselves. KL is an exciting city, and the most Cosmopolitan in South-east-Asia. Plenty of lovely food for all tastes at cheap prices. The only "shit" are the cabbies over there, dealing with them indeed is a pain in the a***

As for a good location not far from Thai embassy, I wonder why nobody yet mentioned the MASJID JAMEK area. there is the CITIN Masjid India, and the SWISS HOTEL ( has nothing to do with the Swiss Inn and swiss Garden), plus several others (check the agoda Maps)

To stay at CENTRAL / Brickfields is not a bad idea either, due to it being the transport Hub of the City.

MYHOTEL is a good choice, but better go for the smaller MYHOTEL @ Brickfields, than the bigger MYHOTEL @ Sentral which can very noisy. the one at Brickfields is just 200 meters away in a small lane, quiet at night and good value.

If have a aliitle more money to burn, try the HOTEL SENTRAL, which is right next to the Monorail terminal station. should cost 150 RM a night for the standard or so.....

Edited by siam2007

KL is such a shit city you'll spend all your time in your room, so i suggest you spend just a few hundred bath more.

On agoda you can get a 4 star hotel for 1k~ a night

<deleted>..what do you know..? great city..go at least 3 times every year,i stay at the Concorde..good hotel,but for,what you need GOM,i would sugest the Brickfields area...good luck,have a good time in K L.

no, when u arrive in KL sentral, if u arrive by bus and your underground in a tunnell, instead of going up the escalator, u can walk straight through(everyone will be walking the same way in the tunnel either towards or away from the escalator/stairs) and find your way walking untill you come out into the street, from there you will see a gas station, a cross walk and YMCA is straight ahead any other way u arrive KL sentral just ask the concierge how to get to YMCA, and the bus is the best choice to get to KL sentral from any airport its fast and cheap i think 8 RM usually YMCA is good if your not bringing anything valuable, its still good if your are but this place is also good; www.myhotels.com.my its right next to my girl friends college and YMCA next door to old town kopitiam. kopitiam sucks though dont eat there... there are more and cheaper ones to i think if u want me to pop in and get the email and contact i can do i walk around brickfields everyday the place i listed above said usually u want 1 week in advance booking i see alot of white people there so its probably good, the flyer says starting at 98 RM so like 1k baht, the YMCA is like 80 or 90 RM im not sure but theres plenty of hotels here, ill look around sorry for late reply was in penang this weekend and if u dont feel like looking around kl ill list the good food places in brickfields for you, not many pubs but plenty of places for beer
sorry, but I fail to see the reason for spending 80-90 Ringhit at YMCA when a china town hotel is 60-80 Ringhit for AC double room. A short walk to 2 Ringhit train taking you directly to Th Embassy. Good eaterys around.

I also fail to see why China Town (train stop Pasar Seni) sucks. Its a tourist attraction, not a place you want to spend your life, but as such it is interesting. Most of the Malay chain food restaurants are just around the corner, the piri piri chicken chain is great, but very muslim so no beer

the food in china town is dirty as hell and there are an obscene amount of harrassing taxi drivers everywhere u go, either towards puda raya or towards the lrt. not only that the food sucks and is over priced, whereas any bus in brickfields can take u anywhere in the city easily or u can take monorail or LRT within 1-2 mins walking distance

china town is an option ...sure i guess, but it sucks, brickfields is so much easier, u get off the flight hop on a bus next thing u know ur in KL sentral walk 2 mins to your hotel, check in and thats it and way more options for travel and the food is much better and cleaner

if u want a good cheap bars u can go to jalan klang lama half a heart beat away, or u can take to midvalley or bukit bintang easily. and be there in no time, how long is a bus gonna take to get the fuc_k outta china town with its traffic? if i wanna get to old klang road for kickass food or good bars im there in a second

imo anyone who actually likes chinatown just likes the smell of shit and ridiculously dirty food, sub par chinese food and malay food and any other food. u wanna get ripped off buying in the market yea go do that. u wanna eat dirty shit food and go to a dirty ass regae bar go do that

the food in china town is dirty as hell and there are an obscene amount of harrassing taxi drivers everywhere u go, either towards puda raya or towards the lrt. not only that the food sucks and is over priced, whereas any bus in brickfields can take u anywhere in the city easily or u can take monorail or LRT within 1-2 mins walking distance

china town is an option ...sure i guess, but it sucks, brickfields is so much easier, u get off the flight hop on a bus next thing u know ur in KL sentral walk 2 mins to your hotel, check in and thats it and way more options for travel and the food is much better and cleaner

if u want a good cheap bars u can go to jalan klang lama half a heart beat away, or u can take to midvalley or bukit bintang easily. and be there in no time, how long is a bus gonna take to get the fuc_k outta china town with its traffic? if i wanna get to old klang road for kickass food or good bars im there in a second

imo anyone who actually likes chinatown just likes the smell of shit and ridiculously dirty food, sub par chinese food and malay food and any other food. u wanna get ripped off buying in the market yea go do that. u wanna eat dirty shit food and go to a dirty ass regae bar go do that

8-10 minutes from China town to Th Embassy by train, sorry dont recall name of the train, its over ground at Pasar Seni, goes underground, stops at twin towers, still underground at Th Embassy stop

and the so called rip off taxis want 10 Ringhit when they dont use meter. I prefere to walk and train tho

and one of my meals in Chinatown 4 times a year is always 12 satay at 12 ringhit, mix lamb,beef and chicken, sitting in walking street, having beer from the Carlsberg lady followed by one from the Guiness lady.

havent been there for 2 years, dont really miss it, but its ok for a cheap visa trip, and I still fail to see why not see a tourist attraction like China town when you have to spend 2 nights in KL anyway