From The Archives ..... Just Seen On Google News

37 Die in Thailand Plane Crash

AP

Published: November 22, 1990

A plane carrying at least 37 people to a southern resort island crashed in heavy rain today, and the police said all aboard were killed.

The rain apparently caused the Bangkok Airways turboprop to crash into a coconut grove short of the airport on Koh Samui island, said Pitipong Kansan, the island's police chief.

A police spokesman, Prateep Pakdeepol, said the flight from Bangkok was carrying 4 crew members and 33 passengers, almost all foreign tourists, including one infant. He said the bodies were badly burned.

In Bangkok, Prasert Prasarthongsot, the president of Bangkok Airways, said 38 people were aboard -- 33 passengers and five crew members.

The passenger manifest listed 30 foreigners and 3 Thai passengers. It gave no breakdown of the foreigners by nationality.

Among the foreigners were five Japanese, said a first secretary of the Japanese Embassy, Hiroshi Enomata.

Dr. Suvit Nantapanich, the director of an island hospital, said the bodies would be put on a ferry to the mainland, then flown to Bangkok on Thursday.

Starting a topic about an over 20 year old event just because you didnot know......???

because there has been a few crashes and near misses involving Prop Planes, but out of Every Bangkok Airways thread on here, and there are thousands, this crash has never been mentioned, and safty standards are possibly an issue , and as far as i knew, and most TV members, there has NEVER been a Major crash on Samui involving BKK Air, but this report shows there was, even if it is 22 years old ....

Starting a topic about an over 20 year old event just because you didnot know......???

because there has been a few crashes and near misses involving Prop Planes, but out of Every Bangkok Airways thread on here, and there are thousands, this crash has never been mentioned, and safty standards are possibly an issue , and as far as i knew, and most TV members, there has NEVER been a Major crash on Samui involving BKK Air, but this report shows there was, even if it is 22 years old ....

Missed this one too? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8182962.stm

And safety standards 22 years ago are... 22 years old too.

wai.gif

Missed this one too? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8182962.stm

And safety standards 22 years ago are... 22 years old too.

wai.gif

nope, this was pointed out in my last post with 37 injured , as both flights had the exact same number of injured against killed, hence why i pointed it out, but same aircraft .... Plus this was and has been mentioned on TV many times, the other crash has never been mentioned, and 8 years on samui i have never recalled or even seen mentioned of this crash that happened