Spouse Visa Docs-when-pay At Embassy?

I would be very grateful if someone could shed some light here.

Trying to digest all the info from the Uk Embassy and visa website, plus all the different advice offered on this forum is really confusing. This reflects the fact that I'm easily confused and nothing else. My wife and I have just gone through the mill here in Lao aquiring our wedding papers(bit tricky, unfair and corrupt) Now that we want to go to the UK a whole new array of hoops appears.

I've read lots of info on this site, I seem to remember seeing something about payment in cash for a spouse visa not being allowed at the Uk embassy in BKK, is this true? I can pay by credit card but I'd rather she went with the cash.

Can my wife produce all my wage slips, bank statements, and all other docs required at the actual interview? Giving me time (2 or 3 months) to establish myself back in the UK and provide such documents?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Wayner :o:D:D

I've read lots of info on this site, I seem to remember seeing something about payment in cash for a spouse visa not being allowed at the Uk embassy in BKK, is this true? I can pay by credit card but I'd rather she went with the cash.

Yes it is true you can't pay for a spouse visa application by cash. You can't pay by credit card either. Just give the wife the cash and she can go to the Bank of Ayudhya bank on Ploenchit Road (100m from the embassy) at 8.30 a.m. on the day you apply for the visa. There she can get a cashiers cheque payable to "British Embassy Bangkok" to the value of 19,500 baht. Couldn't be easier, this bank does stacks of these every day. Takes 2 minutes and the fee for issuing the cashier's cheque is 20 baht.

Edited by charles