What The Point?

kayo

G an T for me too please fella. (Lime too please, x2 slices, rubbed round the rim too please)

(the rim of the glass ya nuggets- I don't go for that funny stuff) :o:D

Kayo, you seem like a cool fella. Don't let these people grind ya down.

I've worked bars all over. Its where we get our wierd music tastes from mate. One I worked at In North Germany, a cool place called Einsteins with the same problem. We used to let people have tabs and, when they started to "forget" for one reason or another, we got one of those little plastic boxes, that people use in offices. They've got cards in, a couple of hundred or so, just big enough to get a name address and phone number on. If anyone wanted a tab after this, we took they're name address and a contact mobile no, (ring it while they're there). When they come in, write it all down, then staple it to their card, it gets taken off when they pay.

But, make them understand, to get a tab, that card and paper is LAW.

This really did work. I never had any probs after that. (I'm not small and I've a pretty mean demenor when needed too-- that does help).

redrus

G an T for me too please fella. (Lime too please, x2 slices, rubbed round the rim too please)

(the rim of the glass ya nuggets- I don't go for that funny stuff)  :D  :D

Kayo, you seem like a cool fella. Don't let these people grind ya down.

I've worked bars all over. Its where we get our wierd music tastes from mate. One I worked at In North Germany, a cool place called Einsteins with the same problem. We used to let people have tabs and, when they started to "forget" for one reason or another, we got one of those little plastic boxes, that people use in offices. They've got cards in, a couple of hundred or so, just big enough to get a name address and phone number on.  If anyone wanted a tab after this, we took they're name address and a contact mobile no, (ring it while they're there). When they come in, write it all down, then staple it to their card, it gets taken off when they pay.

But, make them understand, to get a tab, that card and paper is LAW.

This really did work. I never had any probs after that. (I'm not small and I've a pretty mean demenor when needed too-- that does help).

redrus

I always lime the rim of the glass, and squeze out a few drops before throwing the lime in. btw, anybody wanting lemon, sorry guys, but Guate is like LOS, lime monoply.

I like the idea red, and I would add that i prefer to avoid problems by clearing things up before hand, or setting clear rules. Also, I should add, that bossman and I have gotten, had been getting, a little complacent on this aspect of the place. Tired, other focusses, etc.... PTP but as some of you know, running a bar is a never ending story unto itself.

Getting better though.

And taking a hoiliday at the end of January. :D:D:o

coming right up.... You want some lime with that?

please and two ice cube and straw...

:o thanks

A straw?! Who drink gin and tonic with straw?! :D

i am not ashamed to say i drink super sonics(gin and tonics) with a straw,

i drink most mixed drinks in a highball glass with a straw.it works better for me than restricting the flow of the beverage to avoid ice going into my mouth.if regular drinking straws are not on hand i will use several of the smaller stirring straws.

i have a picture in my head now of TBB sitting at the bar looking smug in his smoking jacket sipping from a glass with his little finger held out(tripper of the year award sitting on bar in front of him)

:D:D

Me thaibebop...I like to drink Gin & Tonic with straw

and lovejoy like it too...

lovejoy do you want to make the clique "People who like their drinks with a straw" :D

i drink most mixed drinks in a highball glass with a straw.it works better for me than restricting the flow of the beverage to avoid ice going into my mouth.if regular drinking straws are not on hand i will use several of the smaller stirring straws.

i have a picture in my head now of TBB sitting at the bar looking smug in his smoking jacket sipping from a glass with his little finger held out(tripper of the year award sitting on bar in front of him)

:D No, never had a smoking jacket, but I smoked enough that my jacket was smoking. I grew up in bars and around hard drinkers. Never saw many people with straws, that was for cokes at Mickey D's. The most foofoo drink I ever had was a screwdriver and that was in a rock glass with three cubes and a splash of OJ. But I will keep the award in front me,to reduce the time taken for introductions. :D

:D No, never had a smoking jacket, but I smoked enough that my jacket was smoking. I grew up in bars and around hard drinkers. Never saw many people with straws, that was for cokes at Mickey D's. The most foofoo drink I ever had was a screwdriver and that was in a rock glass with three cubes and a splash of OJ. But I will keep the award in front me,to reduce the time taken for introductions. :D

i have only ever been in a couple of bars and wouldnt be 100% sure about correct bar etiquette.

i blame my parents,thats something they really should have taught me.the shame that rest's apon my "foofoo"shoulders now is that great i my never set foot inside a bar again.

i will now distance myself from all friends and family and live the remainder of my days in solitude drinking my cosmopolitans from a coffee mug contemplating where my life went so horribly wrong.

goodbye cruel world..................................

:D

The best way to lose friends is to lend them money, or in Kayo's case, extend credit to them. (same thing really)

Having lent money to someone, there is nothing worse than having to remind them to pay it back. That's usually when things start getting nasty.

If you are a bar/restaurant owner, you should display a sign stating that no credit will be given.

You should be strict about the application of that rule. If friends complain, then you couldn't classify them as good friends.

I know of some kind hearted Pattaya bar owners who are the greatest people and who often go out of their way to privately help their customers, but if those customers buy drinks/meals, they are expected to pay before they leave the premises.

Don't let kindness interfere with common sense, particularly in business.

If you own a bar and lend money to a customer you lose money and customer. :o

i have only ever been in a couple of bars and wouldnt be 100% sure about correct bar etiquette.

i blame my parents,thats something they really should have taught me.the shame that rest's apon my "foofoo"shoulders now is that great i my never set foot inside a bar again.

i will now distance myself from all friends and family and live the remainder of my days in solitude drinking my cosmopolitans from a coffee mug contemplating where my life went so horribly wrong.

Don't be sad, there are plenty of people here who can teach you. :D

i have only ever been in a couple of bars ha..hah...hgahHAHAHAHAHHA- :D

LJ!!!!!!!!!!!!! nnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can teach you, drink usage, straw usage...and er...  :D  :o  :D

DON'T GO!!!

i have only ever been in a couple of bars ha..hah...hgahHAHAHAHAHHA- :D

LJ!!!!!!!!!!!!! nnnnnnNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can teach you, drink usage, straw usage...and er...  :D  :o  :D

DON'T GO!!!

LJ I can also teach you some flamenco it match very well with the drinking atmosphere...