Motorcycle Trip Isaan

tornado24

hello,first of all,sorry for my english,

im planning to do a trip trough isaan for 1 week,start at khon kaen ,my intetion is rent a scotter(125cc) and visit all the cities around

the route is this one,

stars at khon kaen go to phisai-roi et-kuchinarai-kalasin and khon kaen

i plan do this route in a week,is there enough petrol stations on the roads?any advice? thank you david

There are plenty of petrol station about, so no worries there, but I would carry a 1 litre bottle of petrol just as a reserve.

If you go any time soon it can get precarious in that area avoiding the sugar cane trucks, but overall; stray dogs would be a bigger threat. Hopefully you already know that Thais have a tendency, especially the scooter riders, to drive the wrong way up any road, and that just about anything that has a wheel is on the road during crop harvesting season.

If you have the option go with a bigger bike, i.e., an actual motorcycle, 250cc and up because with that 125cc scooter you will be maxing out at 80 kph (if that) on hills.

Please be aware if- having an accident- the insurance company of your scooter will only pay 13,000 baht for any medical expenses. And the hospitals aren't that great, believe me.

Wear a good integral helmet, drive carefully as you'll always have to check for other peoples' mistakes, dogs, buffaloes, cows and two legged Isanieros. There are enough petrol stations, no need to carry one liter of gasoline with you....

Enjoy the ride.....jap.gif

Edited by sirchai

I personally wouldn't carry any petrol on me. The next village will always have someone selling it by the litre. If you can find one of the new Honda Click's or Honda Waves, they have 5.5 & 5.4L fuel tanks. You could do around 250km without filling up.

Edited by ubonrthai