Motor Bike Helmet.

richb2004

Where would be the best place for a good selection of motor bike helmets in Pattaya?

I'm sure that it is easy to get a helmet, but I really want a good quality one.

Also, what type of helmet do you recommend for both comfort and safety?

There was a decent selection available in Tesco-Lotus, South Pattaya earlier in the year. I also understand that Big C have a fair range.

As for the safety factor, as there appears to be no official standard here you just have to use your judgement.

The main things to ensure though are that you actually wear it and do the strap up... :o

I'm not from Pattaya so I don't know where to buy a decent helmet there, but whatever you do forget about any Thai helmet, they're rubbish. Go for a Japanese/US/European helmet, full face. Try them on, see which one you like and fits well. I have 19,000bt Shoei Syncrotec, best helmet I've ever had. A top Thai helmet is something like 1500bt, and on par with a saucepan safetywise. There are some good shops in BKK.

There is a motorbike shop along Sukhumwit (I think opposite MiniSiam somewhere - forgot their name but something like Big racing??) which sell big sport bikes etc. I think they also sell accessories like helmets, gloves safety boots and so on. I would give that shop a try if I were to buy a proper helmet.

EDH

There is a motorbike shop along Sukhumwit (I think opposite MiniSiam somewhere - forgot their name but something like Big racing??) which sell big sport bikes etc. I think they also sell accessories like helmets, gloves safety boots and so on. I would give that shop a try if I were to buy a proper helmet.

EDH

The name is "Siam Racing" and yes opposite MiniSiam. The guy's name is "Scott". He has many helmets and the best selection of great bikes.

Just done a "Google" and found the following info but i don't know what you can find in LOS as these are UK standards.

"General Advice - Helmets

When buying a helmet, look for one that complies with one of the following:

a. British Standard BS 6658:1985 (it will be marked with a British Standard 'kitemark'); or

b. UN ECE Regulation 22.05 (it will be marked with a UN 'E' mark - the first two digits of the approval number will be '05'). "

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_..._506862-02.hcsp

Make sure it has some sort of standard, Thai helmets have none!

Snell M2000, DOT, BSI 6658-85 Type A and EN 22/05, are some of the standards, with Snell M2000 being the highest I believe.

Cheers and happy and Safe riding. :o