One Way Ticket Back To Uk...Then A Return From Uk Bkk Uk

rocky123

Just got a price for my annual trip back to Brum. 44,000 bht return with Emirates, my usual carrier. I looked up the price to travel Brum/bkk/brum same airline 460 pounds....about 26,000 bht !!!

So I,m thinking get a single 26,000 bht to brum then a return and start booking that way around. Is there anything stopping me doing this you think ? ie I only go back once a year so will that cheap return fare cover me for a year, ie, will Emirates let me change my dates.. example fly May 2012 , one way then book a return ticket leaving June return ( nov ) but change ticket returning May 2013. I have enquired but its like trying to find a needle in a haystack, no definate answer.

Anyone done this ?

Thanxs for your help.

I do it like that too. UK:BKK:UK

Was in UK in Sept and had ticket, UK to BKK, Sept 11 returning UK Feb 12 (so about to take 2nd leg of ticket) back to UK next week.

When I return to BKK later in Feb this will be the 1st leg of new ticket and return leg in Sept 12.

The only thing you need to be sure is that the ticket validity covers the period you want - i.e. 12 months. If you only go once a year this can be difficult. A lot of tickets have limitations - Emirates is good, 12 month validity and only £75 to change dates.

My ticket this time is £540 = B26,000 about what I've paid for the last 3 trips. Much less than BKK UK BKK!! :)

emirates will only let you book 11 months in advance on line. To book say in may, for a flight to bkk in june would mean you would have to return in april. It would envolve a ticket change of £75.00 to change the return from april to may. to make it work without the £75.00 charge you would have to spend 10 months or less in bkk. i booked this year for a 7.5 month stay without the need for a charge. you should be able to do the change as you will be in the first instance be booking a 12 month validity return. but you would need to check with emirates. I don't know if the 11 months in advance applies for telephone bookings.

Lastminute will let you book online today a flight returning on the 22 jan,bhx-bkk-bhx which is over 11 months but not quite 12, in advance, but it is showing at £2017, where swiss air are showing £712 but i do not know their flight change policy.

Edited by steve187

I usually get my ticket with about a 10 months difference, so fly out in June and return in May, I am with Emirates this time, so if 10 or 11th mon ths is ok for you thats fine and yest UK-TH-UK is always cheaper. Some travel agents seem to be able to book you longer than others as well.

Am dumb when it comes to this, what return dates do you put down on the ticket you buy in the UK?

if you book one month after flying, how much does it cost to change the dates and maybe route.

Check the calendar on their sites. Usually abt 9 months ahead.

If you want to change the flight date for the return leg let them know when you book. With some tickets are not able to change dates.

Emirates this time on a Q class ticket = no charge for change of date. Others £60 / £75.

Check the class of ticket on the website where you are booking. Also how much notice to give on date change.

Definitely cheaper if you only want the 1 year here before going back. Obviously anything over a year is a pain.

My flight LGW - BKK £510 last year. I return on Wednesday.

Last year I flew BKK - LGW one way so I could save money. But now I will buy singles so I can get 15 months + here before having to return. Simply because it is darn cold in the UK at present with all that ice and snow. A drop of 30 degrees C is no fun !!! sad.png

when i was looking for a return last year uk-bkk-uk, i saw singles uk-bkk, more expensive than returns with the same airline.

Do you think anyone else noticed? What a strange way of doing business, was it Thai Airlines?

when i was looking for a return last year uk-bkk-uk, i saw singles uk-bkk, more expensive than returns with the same airline.

Do you think anyone else noticed? What a strange way of doing business, was it Thai Airlines?

Yes, I bought a return ticket with Emirates from Manchester to Bangkok for £470 yet a single was £485, just doesn't make sense to me, the same when using the same dates from Bangkok to Manchester the price was £870 return.

Just booked..Emirates for May....25.600bht one way back to Brum and booked return FROM Brum..BKK..Brum 23.000 bht RETURN ... Please can anyone tell me the reason. When I moved here to Thailand 7 years ago, it was about the same weather booking UK/BKK/UK or the reverse, now its double. Come on ...IT'S the bleedin same distance/route, so WHY double the price.

very rarely if you look on TG website in the special they have flights to UK, one way for 10 - 15, 000bt. Cheap!

Trouble is they are usually fixed dates, but if they are OK for you it may be an idea to work around that flight especially if you go to LHR and it's anon stopper so saving 10,000bt may be an option for you.

Good luck

20 odd years ago tickets from Thailand were much cheaper than Uk..in fact for a time it was "bucket shop Bangkok".

What happened ..Thais got RICH and started travelling,investing and buying....so prices refect the new wealth

Now in order of restaurants over "ere its probably Indian,Chinese...and wotcha..? and not all cheap pub attachments...see Thai Square and Patara ..very good but also very up market....ie bit peng... free market economy and all that.

Double the price from BKK to anywhere.. SO.. start bookin single back to your original home land and return back. It used to be cheeper from here, now, for a variety of crazy reasons its double for the same air miles traveled. It will change once we all start to boycott this imbargo. But for now give me the 23,000bht return from Birmingham/ bangkok / Birmingham, Emirates.

Single you usually pay per full list price. If you only need single it is sometimes cheaper to buy return, fly and then cancel the return. Just check the return policies as they do impose fees and also it takes time to get your money back.

Edited by MJo

If you look on teh Thai website, sometoimes and I did say rarely, they do deal, very cheap. I hav eseen a one way to LHR for 10,000 before, 100%.

I am not a dreamer Rocky, but, since you want to screw those that help you I hope you pay through the nose for a flight, can't be bothered.

whats tg website ??????? 10k you sure. very vage ?? What company do 10k from BKK to UK ???? Dreaming me thinks.

If you look on teh Thai website, sometoimes and I did say rarely, they do deal, very cheap. I hav eseen a one way to LHR for 10,000 before, 100%.

I am not a dreamer Rocky, but, since you want to screw those that help you I hope you pay through the nose for a flight, can't be bothered.

I would suspect that those fares, on the Thai Airways website, are only for last-minute flights leaving just 1-2 days later, but they do sometimes come up IME.

• Like 1

With a one year valid ticket does the one year start from the date of purchase of the ticket or one year from the date of the outward journey?

Thanks.

Rare to get an actual 1 year with return dates set at 1 year though some airlines will do it when you book direct.

But you do get 1 year. And the date is from your date of travel not from the date of booking. Just make sure you get in touch with the airline a couple of months before you stated return date to see what dates are available. Make sure you have the correct class of ticket as some you cannot change the date.

As I said before, Emirates on a W class ticket it was free to make a change.

With Etihad I paid £70.

Rocky

Just because you are now finding out you could've got a cheaper fair there is not need to be rude. I did put sometimes and rarely in my post.

Look up what these words mean.

As someone else stated, they are last minute and fixed.

Also, you seem to question what TG webiste is? TG is Thai airways flight code. If you enter Thai Airways .com and go to their special offers page, which I happened to do yesterday you will see what theri offers are, I think, if I recollect, they had LHR - BKK rtr a £443 (unfortunalely I couldn't find a date for this price).

So, what I would say is wind you Brum neck in, get a job, and stop drinking and coming on here with your anger problems.

I would suspect that those fares, on the Thai Airways website, are only for last-minute flights leaving just 1-2 days later, but they do sometimes come up IME.