Where To Buy Hard Drive In To Store Movies In Pattaya

scorpio

hi,

i want to buy a decent hard drive for the wife, i want loads of thai movies downloaded pnto it for her. I realise tuk com do all of this type of equipment but i dont know any particular shop who will download say 100 movies for her and also the prices.

any advice appreciated cheers

Edited by scorpio

I honestly don't think what you are asking is possible. None of the movie stores will because....well they are just that. If they did I'm sure they would charge minimal 80 baht per movie. None of the computer stores will because....well they are busy with computers.

I honestly don't think what you are asking is possible. None of the movie stores will because....well they are just that. If they did I'm sure they would charge minimal 80 baht per movie. None of the computer stores will because....well they are busy with computers.

and it will be also illegal not that it matters in Pattaya.....typically to transfer a 100 or so full length movies to a hard drive will take many hours.....do it yourself..not hard

Edited by Soutpeel

RabC I would be very keen to know where you actually got a 1.5Tb disk for 3000 baht

Soutpeel So would I......I bought a 1 T disk and it cost around THB 5k

Check out Tesco Lotus ...."Acer hard drive" 1.5 TB that's where I bought mine from about 7 months ago ... I definitely did not pay any more than ฿3500. that's why I said ฿3000 'ish'

RabC I would be very keen to know where you actually got a 1.5Tb disk for 3000 baht

Soutpeel So would I......I bought a 1 T disk and it cost around THB 5k

Check out Tesco Lotus ...."Acer hard drive" 1.5 TB that's where I bought mine from about 7 months ago ... I definitely did not pay any more than ฿3500. that's why I said ฿3000 'ish'

Ah as it was 7 months ago that may well be the answer as since the flooding the prices have gone up considerably. Was it inside Tesco or at one of the concessions outside please?

Rabc

Ah as it was 7 months ago that may well be the answer as since the flooding the prices have gone up considerably. Was it inside Tesco or at one of the concessions outside please?

From the Electrical department in Tesco's

Yes, buy the hard drive and put movies on yourself. If wifey has friends with movies, borrow and copy them too.

As others have said, it can be time consuming. maybe 8-15 minutes per CD depending on mb size and speed of computer.

I have just copied 3 cds of Tom n Jerry for a friend. 12 minutes per cd.

Edited by pattayadingo

HDD prices have at a minimum doubled since the floods. It will be a while before prices go back to normal.

WD CEO said 2nd half of the year before production starts again, so no time soon.

maybe mains powered ones should be ceaper, got 1 T in UK for £30.

Bought one from Tesco's for the same reason 1500.gig ฿3000 ish. works like a treat

I would be very keen to know where you actually got a 1.5Tb disk for 3000 baht

So would I......I bought a 1 T disk and it cost around THB 5k

3500 baht in Tukcom for a Samsung 1Tb in December USB3

• Like 1

Guy's -seriosly? you buy your gear in a supermarket? Uh, yes, you save a few quid, that is for sure. i seen tv's diaspearing into black service holes for months in a row - buy your gear at a good place ( NUMCHAI will do(imho)) gear broken -no problem they come pick it up AND leave a spare (despite they are quick returning your goods)

Guy's -seriosly? you buy your gear in a supermarket? Uh, yes, you save a few quid, that is for sure. i seen tv's diaspearing into black service holes for months in a row - buy your gear at a good place ( NUMCHAI will do(imho)) gear broken -no problem they come pick it up AND leave a spare (despite they are quick returning your goods)

excuse me but what is a NUMCHAI?

if it is a store,

could you kindly post location, hours, phone etc

thanks

excuse me but what is a NUMCHAI?

if it is a store,

could you kindly post location, hours, phone etc

thanks

If you had spent more time googling than posting you would have your answer by now http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=numchai

They are on the sukumvit between Soi Siam Country Club and Soi Nern Plub Wan

Edited by Jayman

Numchai is great, and I've bought a lot of stuff from them, and had them out for service also. But not sure they would come out to replace a hard drive? Do they even sell them there?

Tukcom is the place to go. Tesco does have some Western Digital stuff. Good a place as any to buy it. Depends on the price, I guess? They are pretty much commodity goods.

Glad I got my 2TB internal hard drive in the US a few months ago for $120. Actually, got 2 of them...and a 1TB USB external for a bit over $100. Unfortunately, they are filling up fast!