Outrageous Bank Fee

I needed a 6 month statement

Replying to the OP on the original question of the 200 baht fee for a "routine" tranaction data printout.

licklips.gif I'm not saying it's right but just to explain.

Most banks do not keep your "update " data...as you would get by requesting an "update" of your bank book...for any more than 90 days at the very longest. 30 days for routine requests is more common....but it is usually possible to get detailed transaction data back 90 days.

However, beyond 90 days most systems only will show a summary of previous transactions. In other words detailed data beyond 90 days is NOT available....it has been archived. (That is if they do archive such routine data, some don't).

So when you asked for a 6 month printout of routine transaction data....you made it necessary for another person to authorise that, and possibly actually do that. It meant extra work for them, because that data is not normally available to the average bank clerk.

That's why they hit you up for the fee.

When you complained to the manager, he decided to authorise it...and he had the authority to do that. So then the fee was dropped.

I'm not saying I agree with the fee...I'm just trying to explain why it happened.

licklips.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I needed a 6 month statement

Replying to the OP on the original question of the 200 baht fee for a "routine" tranaction data printout.

licklips.gif I'm not saying it's right but just to explain.

Most banks do not keep your "update " data...as you would get by requesting an "update" of your bank book...for any more than 90 days at the very longest. 30 days for routine requests is more common....but it is usually possible to get detailed transaction data back 90 days.

However, beyond 90 days most systems only will show a summary of previous transactions. In other words detailed data beyond 90 days is NOT available....it has been archived. (That is if they do archive such routine data, some don't).

So when you asked for a 6 month printout of routine transaction data....you made it necessary for another person to authorise that, and possibly actually do that. It meant extra work for them, because that data is not normally available to the average bank clerk.

That's why they hit you up for the fee.

When you complained to the manager, he decided to authorise it...and he had the authority to do that. So then the fee was dropped.

I'm not saying I agree with the fee...I'm just trying to explain why it happened.

licklips.gif

Thanks for the explanation. Perhaps you are right and I totally understand the purpose of applying a fee. I was just shocked by the amount of such an minimal service.

Just to correct something, KBank does provide 90 days detailed statement as a standard policy. Beyond that, special requests have to be made and as you said Headquarters get involved and a fee is required.

I've learned my lesson, in the future, I'll update my bank book regularly.

• Like 1

Yes I feel the same, I have also found that K Bank seems to have the highest "extra" fee and charges, I voted with my feet, shut all the accounts there and changed over to Citibank, where for the first time in Thailand banking I feel that I am treated as "the customer" NO FEES at all, having said that as I do most of my transactions online I would not expect fees either, the best part is they yes THEY offered me a 45 day interest free platinum visa card with NO credit/history check and NO weird conditions attached ( like having X amount in there bank as secuirty ), I can highly recommend them, also you can use ANY ATM in the world!! and not be hit with fees...nice one Citi,

Bloody hell...the service you got from K-bank must have been really cr*p.....and service with Citibank in Thailand is next to useless as well...rolleyes.gif ...

.I am with Citibank in Singapore and a citigold account holder and popped into Citibank citigold lounge in Bangkok were I am assured I will receive the same of sevice anywhere in the world with a realtively simple query and they were absolutely unless...in the end I phoned my RM in Singapore on their phone and he fixed the problem very quickly and professionally, and he was even laughing himself at how usless they were in BKK..

Citibank Singapore - biggrin.png

Citibank Bangkok - angry.png

I have experience otherwise... CitiBank in Thailand is dealing with much more enthusiasm and care than in Singapore... In fact Citi Thai goes extra mile to solve ur problems... Citi Sing on the other hand wants to attract new customers and pissing off old...