Car Registration Book

Gra777

I have lost my blue registration book for my car.I purchased it in Bangkok but i live in Phuket.I have got a police report but i am told i have to go to Bangkok to apply for a new book.Is there anyone who knows the proceedure?Hope someone can help

Gra777

That sound like the way to go. Take the police report to the vehicle licence center in Bangkok. Show your identification - i.e. passport. Very much doubt whether the Phuket office can sort this out, but you never know now that all the records are available on the data base. Worth a trip to Phuket DVLC to check it out.

I would start at Phuket DLT

bring police report and if it does not contain reg plate number, bring tax sticker

bring certficate of residence proving you now live in Phuket, and of course passport. If passportnumber is not same as in reg book, bring proof connecting present passport with old passport

transfer to Phuket takes 5 working days, then it should all be sorted, a few hundred baht if you keep your BKK lates, ad aprox 1.000 for Phuket plates if desired

Smile, swai and be polite, and they are like angelsgiggle.gif

That sound like the way to go. Take the police report to the vehicle licence center in Bangkok. Show your identification - i.e. passport. Very much doubt whether the Phuket office can sort this out, but you never know now that all the records are available on the data base. Worth a trip to Phuket DVLC to check it out.

Hi, Is there any definitive factual information relevant to the requested post... he operative quote here i "but you never know"

I'll be the first one to say something based on a past experience but serindipitusness in a severe legal matter??????

Call to the original dealer in BKK as they will have a record of the sale date. From thence you can move ahead.

Hi, Is there any definitive factual information relevant to the requested post... he operative quote here i "but you never know"

I'll be the first one to say something based on a past experience but serindipitusness in a severe legal matter??????

Call to the original dealer in BKK as they will have a record of the sale date. From thence you can move ahead.

OP is slightly in the wrong as he has not moved his vehicle registration to new Province of residence. My experience is a very polite aproach can solve this issue. Pressing the wrong buttons can often complicate things