Farrang Desertion After Marriage

Scully

I know a girl who got married to a farrang after a two month relationship. This nice young man then left her to join a girl in the Phillipines and has returned to his home land for over a year.

The trouble is he will no return for a divorce and as she is a student and has little money to pay for a lawyer. What options are open for her? is it a case of needing a lawyer or can it be done by herself (with my help). Desertion , infidelity and incompatability are all in her favour however with him not willing to fly back will she have to wait 3 years for divorce and put her life on hold.

Sorryif this topic has been brought up before however I think every case is a little different.

Thabk you in advance for any input.

She can file for divorce for reason of abondenment, which must be for more than 1 year.

(Infidelity is also possible, but more difficult to proof).

She can contact the law society of Thailand to see about legal aid.

Cheers mario, this was the route I was going to go down but a second opinion is appreciated.

off topic posts removed. op asked for advice on divorce not for arm chair psychologists to speculate over this woman's motives or character.

this section of the forum deals with serious matters, respond as such.

• Like 1