America And Eurasia Land Masses To Join Up

theblether

Sceintists reckon that the land masses of the Americas and Eurasia will join up between 50-200 million years, here is the article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-16934181

OK, let's go with the relatively safe assumption that no current Thaivisa members will be alive to see this occur, what would the implications be of being able to walk from Iowa to Issan?

Will Pad Thai become the new national dish of America?

Will it be any easier to get a USA entry visa for your Thai wife?

What would happen if Thailand was only a 2 hour flight away from the US?

I know it's a bit of a stupid topic but let's run with it biggrin.png

If this was Friday I'd run with it all the way to 5pm.

I guess the Thais would be the new Mexicans. Just prettier.

Hmmm some of those Mexicans are hot........If Thailand bordered Texas I reckon border control going from the US side into Thailand would be over-run

Wait until Fox News gets wind of this, They'll have a new fear campaign.

Maybe it will be a hot issue in the US elections, denouncing Obama as pro-tectonic.

I also heard recently that Australia is moving north. Look for lower air fares to Bali! Or maybe more mosques in Darwin.

Wait until Fox News gets wind of this, They'll have a new fear campaign.

Maybe it will be a hot issue in the US elections, denouncing Obama as pro-tectonic.

I also heard recently that Australia is moving north. Look for lower air fares to Bali! Or maybe more mosques in Darwin.

It will make the Australian navy redundant, there won't be an ocean to patrol between Oz and Indonesia. The best defence for Australia will to threaten any would be illegal immigrants with having to listen to Julia Gillard speeches on constant loop, with her horrible and screeching voice that would be defined as cruel and unusual punishment though.

Edited by cdnvic
In 25000yrs this will relate to Thailand, but for now it doesn't - Closed