Drug Dealers Offering Free 'ice' With Amphetamine Tabs: Thai Narcotics Control Board

webfact

Free 'ice' with amphetamine tabs

The Nation

30175471-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- In order to attract new buyers, many drug dealers are offering free "ice" flakes with every purchase of amphetamine tablets, a senior official from the Office of Narcotics Control Board said yesterday.

This offer is aimed at the wealthy patrons of night entertainment venues and university students in large cities, said Adul Prayoonsit, head of ONCB Region 4 based in Nakhon Phanom.

However, he did not say how many amphetamine tablets had to be bought to get the free ice flakes. "Although ice is more expensive, it is condensed and gives a ten-fold better high than amphetamine," he added.

The promotion has been doing the rounds in Khon Kaen, Udon Thani and Nakhon Phanom since late last year.

Meanwhile, two amphetamine traders were arrested in a drug bust in Nakhon Phanom.

Police said, in order to avoid detection, many traders have changed how they carry drugs. Now they are employing large numbers of couriers and getting them to hide the cargo in the soles of their shoes, the press was told yesterday.

Also recently, two Burmese nationals, Than Lwin and Min Naig - both 30 - were arrested for having 9,670 tablets in their possession.

The drug haul was hidden in the shoes they were wearing, as well as another pair and a large book in their luggage.

They were nabbed, separately, at a Pathum Thani hotel, and a Bangkok apartment. The two suspects were allegedly getting ready to meet up and deliver the drugs. The suspects, who have also been charged with illegal entry, implicated Zaw Lin as the owner of drugs, saying that he was disguised as a student studying a translation course in Bangkok.

Allegedly Zaw Lin has couriers run one route no more than three times, before new people are put on the job in a move to minimise detection, the suspects were quoted as saying.

In a separate operation, police arrested Jarukit Rungrong-hiranya, the son of a well-known businessman, for having 20,000 amphetamine tablets and 100 grams of ice flake in his possession, along with two loaded handguns. He was caught delivering drugs in his BMW.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-02-09

Heaven help the kids lives that are affected or destroyed by these dispickable people. But, Hey, you read that they are hauling one or two in and getting their pictures taken with these people as if to indicate they aqre catching lots of them. Problems are endemic here. It doesn't take fortune tellers or meditating monks to tell you that; however, they don't listen anyway.

Buy one get one free. Delivery in a Beamer. Switching routes every three trips. This group knows about marketing and distribution. Hard to believe that all of this is just happening. Thai police's and army must have been "protecting" the business elite behind the networks. Driving around in a BMW sends a very strong message that "we can pay what's necessary."

I know of a Thai man who got caught with two tablet and got 5 years in the slammer. Money definately talks and with him having none is doing a long stretch, if you have money you are sitting pretty if you have none expect that book thrown at you.

Whats justice mean in Thailand?.

I know of a Thai man who got caught with two tablet and got 5 years in the slammer. Money definately talks and with him having none is doing a long stretch, if you have money you are sitting pretty if you have none expect that book thrown at you.

And i'll say it again:

Mr Chalerm (and national police chief) when just one drug lord / drug kinpin / senior policeman or senior military officer is behind bars serving a long sentence (not out on appeal), then I might start to see you as credible and sincere.

And i'll say it again:

Mr Chalerm (and national police chief) when just one drug lord / drug kinpin / senior policeman or senior military officer is behind bars serving a long sentence (not out on appeal), then I might start to see you as credible and sincere.

100% correct Scorecard, I have been saying this all along as well as yourself. The idea of anti-drugs enforcement and crackdowns is admirable, if it is meant to stop the distribution of said drugs and not just a media tick in the box. Instead of targeting the foot soldiers, get the evidence neccessary and take out the kingpins; you do not kill a giant by tickling his feet, but by removing his head.

It mentions in the article that "The two suspects were allegedly getting ready to meet up and deliver the drugs". Why therefore did the police not wait and take out the next link in the chain? This is what I mean about being serious about the task at hand.

In a separate operation, police arrested Jarukit Rungrong-hiranya, the son of a well-known businessman, for having 20,000 amphetamine tablets and 100 grams of ice flake in his possession, along with two loaded handguns. He was caught delivering drugs in his BMW.

Which actually means: He'll be a free man as his family has got so much money.......... jap.gif

'However, he did not say how many amphetamine tablets had to be bought to get the free ice flakes. "Although ice is more expensive, it is condensed and gives a ten-fold better high than amphetamine," he added'.

What a stupid quote to be putting in the paper!

They are in effect two different types of drugs. But then again Adul may have personal experience due to his sound knowledge via the above comment?

Quoted: 'In a separate operation, police arrested Jarukit Rungrong-hiranya, the son of a well-known businessman, for having 20,000 amphetamine tablets and 100 grams of ice flake in his possession, along with two loaded handguns. He was caught delivering drugs in his BMW' Unquote.

I would love to see what will happen to such rich people. Lighter sentence? No charge because it a misunderstanding?

Can the media keep the public updated here..