Feb6 Visarun Minibus Accident.

Just be careful of the Hat Yai to Penang runs. The drivers only have normal licenses. Not sure how it affects you if they crash outside the country. Malay police were stopping all the buses they could on my last trip. They were calling each other up and down the route.

Always check that the tour company doing the visa run actually has insurance - friend of mine was seriously injured when the mini bus he was on a visa run in was T Boned by an out of control water truck.

Upshot was that the resort/tour company doing the visa run had no passenger/client insurance at all and thus my friend ended up having to sue the water truck driver personally to try and offset very substantial hospital bills.

That Russian lady took the minibus from on nut, Tesco Lotus, had an accident in the early morning near Udon Thani, spent quite a few hours in the hospital, actually there were 2 of them, one is pregnant, the minivan was rented by Claudio, not sure if there is an insurance, since most of the minibus owners only buy the 3rd party insurance in order to save some money

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering how Claudio could be responsible anyway. He left Thailand September last year and never came back since then.

we went to Ban Laem border the other day, my wife saw Claudio on the Cambodian side of border, one of the immigration officer said he got banned from coming back to Thailand.

The compulsory car insurance required in Thailand should cover bodily injury from accident up to maximum of 50k baht per person I think. Legally its required for annual registration and you cannot get legit windshield sticker without.

Edited by ballbreaker

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering how Claudio could be responsible anyway. He left Thailand September last year and never came back since then.

we went to Ban Laem border the other day, my wife saw Claudio on the Cambodian side of border, one of the immigration officer said he got banned from coming back to Thailand.

How could someone be banned from coming back to Thailand? It doesn't seem like there is an on-line computer system at this Ban Laem border.

• 4 months later...