Dentist In Pattaya

Spaniel

I was in Pattaya the past week searching for a dentist to replace my lower 3 tooth bridge. I visited all the dentists that were recommended on another thread and several others that I happened to pass by. Prices for the bridge were from the cheapest of B7,000 (per tooth) to B 16,000 depending on the type backing. The two places that I liked best are Dental Smile (Dr. Cherry) on 3rd road and Studio Smile (Dr. Tappasit) near Dolphin Circle. Their prices were the same for the bridge that I will probably choose, 12,000 bhat per tooth, 2% gold. Their cheapest is B 7,000. The other places that I visited I didn't like for one reason or another from the German Dental Clinic to small one room clinics. Must decide soon on either Dr Cherry or Dr. Tappasit.

About two years ago I went to the big place on top of the hill (the one behind the shop houses) for a simple tooth cleaning. First time anyone went tapping on my teeth, but they did. I told them to stop as it was painful. They did and then proceeded to clean my teeth in an aggressive manner.

An hour later the fake part of a broken tooth fell out. It had been there for about 8 years and had been cleaned twice a year, every year, with no problems. 15 minutes with a Thai dentist is all it needed to be knocked loose and fall out.

Personally I would recommend Dr. Nan at the Thai Smile clinic down in Soi Welcome Hotel, Jomtien. I have been a patient of his ever since he arrived in Pattaya and have referred many people to him and all have been very satisfied. Phone : 0812601762.

• Like 1

Dr. Sunthorn at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital gets my vote. Prices are approximately 25% of US prices for caps and veneers. He also did an implant for me. BPH has an entire dental clinic with all of the latest equipment. Only downside is that it takes 4-5 days to get caps and veneers from lab at main hospital in BKK.He and his assistant do my cleanings. Over in 10 minutes and he has the worlds softest hands. Price 1000BT.

• 2 months later...

I highly recommend the Dental Hospital in Thong Lo. An entire building dedicated to dental work and the prices are fantastic. I've read about too many problems with the smaller clinics here in Pattaya. It might work out for you, it might not. IMHO, not worth the risk.

Isn't that in Bangkok?

Any more suggestions for you toothless old cronies? biggrin.png

I highly recommend the Dental Hospital in Thong Lo. An entire building dedicated to dental work and the prices are fantastic. I've read about too many problems with the smaller clinics here in Pattaya. It might work out for you, it might not. IMHO, not worth the risk.

Isn't that in Bangkok?

Yes, in Bangkok. But worth the drive if you have something complicated going on. Or, take the bus to Ekamai and it's a short taxi ride away.

Isn't that in Bangkok?

Yes, in Bangkok. But worth the drive if you have something complicated going on. Or, take the bus to Ekamai and it's a short taxi ride away.

Most complicated work requires many visits. Even a single root canal treatment requires about 3 visits. Ekkamai and back is at least 4 hours if not longer depending on when you travel. That's dedication, but I wouldn't/couldn't do it, besides, I love my dentist down here - Warin Leekpai and his wife, Monthira Jaroenying.

Isn't that in Bangkok?

Most complicated work requires many visits. Even a single root canal treatment requires about 3 visits. Ekkamai and back is at least 4 hours if not longer depending on when you travel. That's dedication, but I wouldn't/couldn't do it, besides, I love my dentist down here - Warin Leekpai and his wife, Monthira Jaroenying.

I second Dr. Warin-just try getting an appointment with him-usually takes 2/3 weeks wait as he is so busy.

besides, I love my dentist down here - Warin Leekpai and his wife, Monthira Jaroenying.

I've been going to Monthira for years now, very reliable, good work and the price is right.

I've used her a fair bit over the last few years mainly because her husband is so busy - but she does good work.