Day Trips To Ko Samet & Ko Chang - Last Bus Return ?

healthcaretaker

I will be staying in Pattaya for a week and plan to do some day trips; to Ko Samet and Ko Chang especially. Anyone know what's the latest time I must leave these islands in order to catch the respective ferry and bus back to Pattaya ? Wonder if I have at least 3 to 5 hrs there if I leave Pattaya around 9 am ?

What other day trips will you recommend ?

Is Trat and Samut Prakan advisable ?

Thanks.

Last ferry (to catch the last bus from Rayong) from Ko Samet is 4pm. The bus leaves Rayong at 5pm (bus station is 1 min walk from the pier). This is for the daily mini-bus service that will pick-up/drop-off from hotels. It's 200 baht each wach way. I took it just before Xmas, good service!

I agree that a "day trip" to Koh Chang is not a good idea. Even if you leave here at 6:00am you will arrive at the ferry at around 10:30 - 11:00.

The ferry is minimal 35 minutes to 1 hour depending at what ferry they drop you off at.

To get to the south of the island which is the nicest another hour. so you would reach there around 1:00pm.

You would need to leave Koh Chang around 6:00pm if you want to be back to Pattaya by 10:00pm.

Trust me 4 or 5 hours is NOT enough to experience Koh Chang which in my opinion is one of the most beautiful places in Thailand.

Also spending 1 night in Trat is a GREAT experience if you sit at the night market people watching. It is worth tunring your trip into an actual 3 or 4 day holiday.

• 1 month later...