Thai Woman Sentenced To Death In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking

webfact

Silly girl.

Not really justice.

Everyone knows that Malaysia has the death penalty for this. She was not forced into it. She knew exactly what she was doing, tossed the dice and scored the death penalty. Can't change the rules of the game just because you lost. She has no one to blame but herself, she decided her own fate it was all 100% in her own hands.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just out of interest, Gentlemen, lets assume for a moment that the person you love the most in the world has cancer. That could be your wife, your daughter, your mother, the ladyboy you wipe yourself on each night, whoever.

Lets assume that you truely love this person.

Lets also assume that you are piss poor broke. You earn 200 quid a month and there is no money for the mastectomy, the chemo, the radiotherapy.

Now, I offer you a 50/5- splt on the 700 grammes of coke. We can cut it and sell it in BKK and pull back 3 million.Lets take out a million in costs. So, we

have 1 million each.

That 1 mill will pay for all the above - just.

Now, would you take tht chance to potential save the life of the person you love?

I personally would, if that was my only choice, but I'm just interested on where you stand. And no, she can't make the 1 mill on her back.

I would not do it. Making other people life miserable for the sake of you loved one, no.

Why not think it in this way, you are sick, your parents are poor, would you be glad if you parents gone that route?

Silly girl.

Not really justice.

Everyone knows that Malaysia has the death penalty for this. She was not forced into it. She knew exactly what she was doing, tossed the dice and scored the death penalty. Can't change the rules of the game just because you lost. She has no one to blame but herself, she decided her own fate it was all 100% in her own hands.

do you think she deserves to die?

Silly girl.

Not really justice.

Do you think that the people who will die from the drugs she brings in deserve to die from her actions? OMG the poor girl did not win the lottery so give her another free ticket until she does. She would have been contributing to the destruction of the lives of others but she is the victim??????

Silly girl.

Not really justice.

Do you think that the people who will die from the drugs she brings in deserve to die from her actions? OMG the poor girl did not win the lottery so give her another free ticket until she does. She would have been contributing to the destruction of the lives of others but she is the victim??????

can you answer the question, no?

Silly girl.

Not really justice.

She knew the law and the consequences and gambled with her own life. She entered into the contract and lost so the answer is YES.

Silly girl.

Not really justice.

She knew the law and the consequences and gambled with her own life. She entered into the contract and lost so the answer is YES.

brilliant... so you obviously think that an Iranian woman who has an affair deserves to be stoned to death....

She knew the law and the consequences and gambled with her own life. She entered into the affair and got caught so the answer is... YES???

A person having an affair and a person trafficking in drugs are worlds apart. Having an affair has does not have an impact on a child born addicted to drugs, having an affair doesn't cause others to go out and commit serious crimes such as burglaries, assaults (possibly murders) to support thier sexual lust. Comparing these two is silly. Having affair doesn't contribute to the death of unknown persons. A woman doesn't deserve to be punished in such a way for an affair. A person who contributes to the death, pain a suffering of others deserves the full extent of the law and in this case it is the death penalty which she was well aware of before she took the chance. We are responsible for the consequences of our actions.

brilliant... so you obviously think that an Iranian woman who has an affair deserves to be stoned to death....

She knew the law and the consequences and gambled with her own life. She entered into the affair and got caught so the answer is... YES???

Worse than that, she could be attacked and raped, but unless she has 4 or5 male witnesses, she cannot prove rape and so will be found guilty of sex outside of marriage and stoned to death, while the rapist goes free to rape again. It is a rapist paradise.

Pakistani women speak up on rape under islamic law

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4271504.stm Pa

Uzma Saeed is campaigning for the repeal of the controversial Hudood laws, which rule that all extra-marital sex is illegal.

Hudood laws are a tool in the hands of men - with these laws they can rape women and be totally unaccountable.

Under Hudood if a woman makes a rape allegation she must provide four pious male witnesses or face a charge of adultery herself.

So a woman is in the ridiculous position of having to produce four Muslim adult male eyewitnesses, men who just stood there and watched.

If sex by force is not proved, this woman can be charged with "zina" - sex outside of marriage.

Uzma Saeed believes the Hudood ordinances should be repealed

About 60% of women in our jails have been imprisoned as a result of Hudood laws.

I know many cases where a husband has wanted to marry again and so accused his wife of illicit relations with another man.

A person having an affair and a person trafficking in drugs are worlds apart. Having an affair has does not have an impact on a child born addicted to drugs, having an affair doesn't cause others to go out and commit serious crimes such as burglaries, assaults (possibly murders) to support thier sexual lust. Comparing these two is silly. Having affair doesn't contribute to the death of unknown persons. A woman doesn't deserve to be punished in such a way for an affair. A person who contributes to the death, pain a suffering of others deserves the full extent of the law and in this case it is the death penalty which she was well aware of before she took the chance. We are responsible for the consequences of our actions.

i'm tiring of this but i'll take you up on what you say

Comparing these two is silly.

how is it silly? when the argument being made against her was based on law and consequence, and the fact that she took the gamble on this...?

We are responsible for the consequences of our actions.

well there you go then.. how doesn't this relate to what i brought up about an Iranian woman?

i repeat... the argument being made against her was based on law and consequence, and the fact that she took the gamble on this... and you just there reaffirmed this.

Edited by nurofiend

Silly girl.

Not really justice.

What he thinks, I think, or you think makes no difference. Unless this woman is lucky enough to get her sentence commuted to life imprisonment on appeal, which seems unlikely, she will be hanged in accordance with the laws of the land she knew that she was going to transit through. Tough call but nobody can make decisions for any other individual on earth. The only person we live with all of our lives is ourselves and we all have to take responsibility for our own actions. I get very tired of the Liberalistic views of people who always want to blame someone else for a persons serious mistakes.

Silly girl.

Not really justice.

What he thinks, I think, or you think makes no difference. Unless this woman is lucky enough to get her sentence commuted to life imprisonment on appeal, which seems unlikely, she will be hanged in accordance with the laws of the land she knew that she was going to transit through. Tough call but nobody can make decisions for any other individual on earth. The only person we live with all of our lives is ourselves and we all have to take responsibility for our own actions. I get very tired of the Liberalistic views of people who always want to blame someone else for a persons serious mistakes.

not tryin to be a smartass but this forum is just "what people think".. otherwise discussion would be pretty limited wink.png

i don't want to blame anyone else.. she's responsible

maybe she was desperate or forced, maybe she was greedy and selfish, it's still her own doing -(well maybe not if completely forced!)

i never said for a second that she shouldn't be punished or tried to shift blame on anyone else, all i am saying is that the draconian law that says she must hang for this is a complete disgrace

anyone who thinks that this is morally correct is not worth talking to... but that's just me and the type of people i relate to.

Edited by nurofiend
  • Like 1

Those were the rules of the game, it was there to deter. Now that she played and lost, who is to question.

Extreme circumstances in needing cash does not justify the offense. I too need money, can I go robbing the banks tomorrow?

extreme laws do not justify the hanging of a woman for such an offense.

you don't think you should question a law... because it's... a law.

scary.

what do you think about stoning women to death in iran for adultery?

i guess your answer is

Those were the rules of the game, it was there to deter. Now that she played and lost, who is to question.

Brilliant. I would love to be a career criminal in a country you run.

Why should you question a law in a country that you don't belong? The local laws reflects the values of the people there.

Extreme laws??? Wake up. Capital punishment is not new and it exist in the greater part of the world.

If you are a law abiding citizen, you need not fear for any "extreme laws".

>snip

ugh... why?

cos i wouldn't hang a person for carrying drugs and i wouldn't stone women to death for having an affair...

i would hate to be anywhere near a country that you run... where questioning laws is unthinkable.

In both cases, I don't hear any Iranian or Malaysian complaining about the "extreme laws" in their country.

Why don't you go to Saudi and start drinking beer in public? Would love to hear you justify your way out of this.

>snip

ugh... why?

cos i wouldn't hang a person for carrying drugs and i wouldn't stone women to death for having an affair...

i would hate to be anywhere near a country that you run... where questioning laws is unthinkable.

Well. The last time I checked, Malaysia is right next to Thailand.

what are you on about, majority?

i never mentioned anything about majority.. you said I don't hear any Iranian or Malaysian complaining ....etc

so i repeat, do some research... if you're trying to get me to spoonfeed you information, it's not happening.

Edited by nurofiend

In both cases, I don't hear any Iranian or Malaysian complaining about the "extreme laws" in their country.

Why don't you go to Saudi and start drinking beer in public? Would love to hear you justify your way out of this.

I don't hear the N korean people complaining either, what's your point? And what would the point be of complaining in iran or malaysia? So they can target you for death and change nothing. What good does it do to complain about anything to a totalitarian govt ideology, it just gets you killed. Just like it did under all other totalitarian ideologies. But crimes against humanity are still crimes against humanity. No matter what law an ideology uses to justify it.

Edited by z12

And you don't think drug peddling is a crime against humanity.

If you feel so strongly that she does not deserve the punishment, other than just talking over TV, why don't you start a campaign for her. It is still not too late.

Perhaps you can get your government to help her.

A life should never be taken full stop, this is why the human race is on self destruction mode, talk before thinking,act with out thinking!!!

Maybe the world is in such a pickle because of people that think like you! Here are a few examples of scum that have no right to live once caught.

1. Child rapists.

2. Woman beaters and rapists.

3. Serial killers

4. Drug lords.

5. Contract Murderers

6. Terrorists

7. Drug Pushers

8. Career Criminals

9. Dictators and War criminals like Hitler, Sadum Haussan, Kudaffee etc

I am sure with some extra thought this list could easily be expanded. But hopefully you get the point. Maybe you acted without thinking! clap2.gif

True as the day is long.

Why let scum live when all they do is cause suffering.

Mitigating circumstances are all good and well but, if you do the crime then you got to be ready to do the time (Or suffer that countries consequences)

A life should never be taken full stop, this is why the human race is on self destruction mode, talk before thinking,act with out thinking!!!

Maybe the world is in such a pickle because of people that think like you! Here are a few examples of scum that have no right to live once caught.

1. Child rapists.

3. Serial killers

4. Drug lords.

5. Contract Murderers

6. Terrorists

7. Drug Pushers

8. Career Criminals

I am sure with some extra thought this list could easily be expanded. But hopefully you get the point. Maybe you acted without thinking! clap2.gif

True as the day is long.

Why let scum live when all they do is cause suffering.

Mitigating circumstances are all good and well but, if you do the crime then you got to be ready to do the time (Or suffer that countries consequences)

And if you were fitted up? Forced into it? Incorrectly found guilty? No that never happens in this fairy tale world...

Incidentally I notice you make a decided point of listing child rapists & women rapists as seperate cases but no mention of men? In your rather jumbled set of principles I guess it's ok to rape another man? Is that prison mentality creeping in or too much time spent with the katoeys?

Just an observation... seems strange to draw any differences. If I was composing a red neck list of people I'd like to kill (funny never entered into my list of to dos) I would have rapist listed, I wouldn't feel the need to differ between them... I guess similarly raping animals doesn't come into it? Welsh by any chance?

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to this thread's cocaine case,

Thai Woman Sentenced To Death In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking

and another thread's cocaine case,

Thai Woman Gets Death Sentence For Drug Trafficking In Malaysia

http://www.thaivisa....ng-in-malaysia/

and another thread's cocaine case,

Malaysian Police Detain Pregnant Thai Woman For Smuggling Cocaine

http://www.thaivisa....ggling-cocaine/

comes now a fourth case of Thai woman transporting cocaine to Malaysia resulting in dire consequences....

Thai mum gets gallows for cocaine trafficking

KUALA LUMPUR: The High Court here sentenced a Thai single mother to death after she was found guilty on two counts of trafficking cocaine, in two separate incidents in 2009.

Judge Justice Su Geok Yiam made the ruling after Chaloemlak Nakkoed, 32, failed to raise reasonable doubt by the end of the defence case. The court found her guilty on two counts of trafficking a total of 658g of cocaine.

Chaloemlak, the mother of a four-year-old boy, was charged with trafficking 454g of cocaine at Room 908, Citin Hotel, Jalan Pudu here, about 8.05pm on Sept 7, 2009.

Continues:

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/2/23/nation/20120223185447&sec=nation

The Star (Malaysia) - 6 minutes ago

Sad indeed. To set the records straight, People usually dont inject cocain and cocain usage does not kill people (unlike heroin). Most cocain users use it as a 'recreational' drug. People who rejoice in the killing of another human being really need to open their heart. Should people who smuggle marijuana be also killed? Where do you draw the line? Death penalty is an abomination. Poor parents.

This is not the point and I’ll argue this until the cows come home, plus this has nothing to do with the grade of drugs that the woman was smuggling, but rather what the laws of Malaysia impose.

Let me try and explain in the simplest way possible so even the most naive of you can understand.

For example; if I decide to walk a tightrope between two high-rise buildings, suspended 300 ft in the air without a safety net, than I know what the consequences will be if I fall. Once on the way down and beyond the point of no return it`s already too late and the situation then becomes irreversible. No need to be a genius in order to work that one out.

It is the same regarding this woman and as I keep saying; she took a gamble and lost. Of course it`s tragic that someone of such a young age is going to be put to death and probably even worse for her family. Perhaps she even has children, I don’t know. But on the other side of the spectrum, the discovery of these drugs may also save lives in the short term. So I for one will not be losing any sleep over this.

The solution is; that wherever you maybe, abide by the laws of that country, otherwise if the worst should happen and you find yourself in deep do dars, no one is going to bail you out or care and even if they did care, the situation is beyond control anyway.

Don`t do it, there’s your answer.

Surely there are other ways to punish other than killing another human being. The death penalty should only be considered in proven cases of child murder or outright cold blooded pre meditated murder.

I don't see what building scenarios like the one above achieves. Does the girl even have living family? If she does, are any of them ill? You (or I) don't know with the limited information we are given through the article,

You are indeed correct and , for that reason, its wise to withold judgement. As we dont know WHY she did it, perhaps it is best to not strig her up just yet or say ALL trafficers derserve it.Some don't.

Four year old son !

Extreme circumstances in needing cash does not justify the offense. I too need money, can I go robbing the banks tomorrow?

extreme laws do not justify the hanging of a woman for such an offense.

you don't think you should question a law... because it's... a law.

scary.

what do you think about stoning women to death in iran for adultery?

i guess your answer is

Why should you question a law in a country that you don't belong? The local laws reflects the values of the people there.

Extreme laws??? Wake up. Capital punishment is not new and it exist in the greater part of the world.

If you are a law abiding citizen, you need not fear for any "extreme laws".

Tell that to the many innocents who have been executed in the past, and to other innocents who are now on death row. Pompous ass

1. Child rapists.

3. Serial killers

4. Drug lords.

5. Contract Murderers

6. Terrorists

7. Drug Pushers

8. Career Criminals

u forgot corporate criminals and crooked governments. the ones who do far more damage than that entire list combined.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Edited by happysanook