Coyote Dance In Thailand

george

If you surveyed young women around the country and asked them for their choices of career, the so-called "coyote dancer" wouldn't make it into the top 10, or even the top 20.

Dancing erotically in skimpy outfits in front of men is by no means the job of a woman's dreams.

Many students become coyote dancers to finance their studies. Some are fortunate enough to carry on their education while a few become university drop-outs thanks to their part-time dancing work.

Like other employees, they are working legally. They believe dancing, even in front of drunken men, is far better than selling their bodies, but deep in their hearts they know that this is not their career and they prefer not to talk openly about it.

Despite unfavourable work conditions, the number of coyote girls is growing. As they become a favourite entertainment at various events, their performances have extended from nightclubs to temple grounds. They are increasingly visible, and society is getting worried.

We get many requests from visitors from outside Thailand regarding Coyote girls and Coyote dance. Here are a few YouTube examples:

http://youtu.be/Za4OavPnOH0

• Like 1

I remember goingto a birthday party in Siam Square London with a mixed crowd back in 2001 and as well as karaoke and singers there was an explicit stripper (farang woman) - it was mostly Thais and the booking had been done by them not some slavering monger. Everyone seemed to enjoy it and didn't think it to untoward.It struck me as somwhat odd and certainly not erotic.

• 10 months later...

"We get many requests from visitors from outside Thailand regarding Coyote girls and Coyote dance...."

And there was me thinking you just wanted to get a few more clicks.

I find it to be another sweeping incorrect generalisation, and exaguration of reality on every other point as well.

• 7 months later...