Coin Operated Car Wash In The Pattaya Area

Thanks Ian... I realize there are car-wash places everywhere and they are cheap. Like laundry and cooking I have discovered lately I enjoy doing these tasks myself....not sure why. I just moved back into a condo and already I miss my house because I could play around with my truck and motorbikes without upsetting anyone. Condos are okay in some aspects....but houses have more freedom to do what you enjoy doing.

So the question remains....Is there a coin operated car wash anywhere in Pattaya?

Regards,

There was one opened somewhere on the Soi that Nirun Condo is on. There was a posting about it on this board sometime last year. Try a search in the Pattaya forum.

There is one on Phoenix golf course road, on the left past the railway tracks but before the bend.

PattayaParent

I could never find the one near Nirun Condo after reading about it here on TV , next time I am out by Phoenix Golf Course I am going to try and find that one

Langsuan Man,

Thank you for posting that link. This weekend I will try and find the car wash near Shagwell's.

Today I drove down Suk from Lotus to the 36 junction looking for a sign directing me to the Phoenix golf club and then taking the back road that runs along the railroad tracks back to Lotus with no success.

Are they still in business? Does anyone know the actual soi to turn on from Suk to the Phoenix Golf Club road?

Google shows it just east of the 36 hwy....but I had no luck finding it nor did I see any signage for the Phoenix Golf and Country Club.

Thanks all...

Regards,

Langsuan Man,

Thank you for posting that link. This weekend I will try and find the car wash near Shagwell's.

Today I drove down Suk from Lotus to the 36 junction looking for a sign directing me to the Phoenix golf club and then taking the back road that runs along the railroad tracks back to Lotus with no success.

Are they still in business? Does anyone know the actual soi to turn on from Suk to the Phoenix Golf Club road?

Google shows it just east of the 36 hwy....but I had no luck finding it nor did I see any signage for the Phoenix Golf and Country Club.

Thanks all...

Regards,

Good luck and please report back here if you were able to find the one near Shagwells. I walked all over the whole area, as well as driving the car there and could never find it

Thanks Ian... I realize there are car-wash places everywhere and they are cheap. Like laundry and cooking I have discovered lately I enjoy doing these tasks myself....not sure why. I just moved back into a condo and already I miss my house because I could play around with my truck and motorbikes without upsetting anyone. Condos are okay in some aspects....but houses have more freedom to do what you enjoy doing.

So the question remains....Is there a coin operated car wash anywhere in Pattaya?

Regards,

I'm not aware of any coin operated car washes in Pattaya, but if you just want to wash your truck and bike at your condo you could do so with a 'waterless' system without bothering anyone. See the video of the Meguiar's system

on youtube. Obviously you can't do this all the time or if you go off-road and your truck is caked in mud! The drawback is that it's not really 'waterless' as you have to wash the duster and microfiber towels afterwards. People think you may scratch your car but if you use a quality paste wax, the duster will easily pick off the dirt - anyway take a look at the state of the sponges and towels used at your average hand-wash place!

Langsuan Man,

Thanks all...

Regards,

Let me get this right you are trying to find a do it yourself car cleaning set up. Can I ask why it's just that I don't get it.

You have to do it yourself, cannot clean under the car/ Bonnet/Hood, Inside, + you still have to pay. There's more but that's enough to start with. Think about it for a few pence more you get the lot done and they will do a far better Job. So far you have spent time looking for place's that more than likely do not exist. All to do a job that at best is 5th rate. Beat's me.

Langsuan Man,

Thanks all...

Regards,

Let me get this right you are trying to find a do it yourself car cleaning set up. Can I ask why it's just that I don't get it.

You have to do it yourself, cannot clean under the car/ Bonnet/Hood, Inside, + you still have to pay. There's more but that's enough to start with. Think about it for a few pence more you get the lot done and they will do a far better Job. So far you have spent time looking for place's that more than likely do not exist. All to do a job that at best is 5th rate. Beat's me.

Actually, “they” see to do a pretty crappy job as far as I’m concerned. Think about it, most anyone washing cars for a living has never actually owned one. I pay have my car washed about once a week, but the idea that they do a better job than I can is ridiculous. I drive a pick up, but if I had something real nice, I wouldn’t let anyone else wash or service it.

Langsuan Man,

Thanks all...

Regards,

Actually, “they” see to do a pretty crappy job as far as I’m concerned. Think about it, most anyone washing cars for a living has never actually owned one. I pay have my car washed about once a week, but the idea that they do a better job than I can is ridiculous. I drive a pick up, but if I had something real nice, I wouldn’t let anyone else wash or service it.

When I'm in Pattaya I use a cleaning shop called I think quick or easy clean it's in the Soi the run's down beside's the big Tesco same side. They do a fantastic job I have a Fortuner and they clean under car, engine and every panel on the inside and it come's out looking like new and all for less than 200bt. It take's them 5 peep's working full time on it just under an hour that relate's to one EG me almost 5 hour's. Sorry but no matter what ever set up you have you do not have the same as they do, ramp's power jet's + you have to do it yourself in this heat. You must be joking.

Re service I use Toyota where I live and stand with them checking everything they do. I would like to ask how much your car lift + all the tool's that you must have to do the job properly cost you.

Langsuan Man,

Thanks all...

Regards,

When I'm in Pattaya I use a cleaning shop called I think quick or easy clean it's in the Soi the run's down beside's the big Tesco same side. They do a fantastic job I have a Fortuner and they clean under car, engine and every panel on the inside and it come's out looking like new and all for less than 200bt. It take's them 5 peep's working full time on it just under an hour that relate's to one EG me almost 5 hour's. Sorry but no matter what ever set up you have you do not have the same as they do, ramp's power jet's + you have to do it yourself in this heat. You must be joking.

Re service I use Toyota where I live and stand with them checking everything they do. I would like to ask how much your car lift + all the tool's that you must have to do the job properly cost you.

Do you mean the Tesco on Suk or in Nua? Also do they wax for this price - if so seems very cheap? Thanks.

On Suk the one that has the night market it's about 1 km from the other end. No they do not wax it for that price, how much they charge to do that I don't know. But I have used them several time's the last was about three month's ago price then was 180bt and that's for a Fortuner, they might be a bit dearer now, but they have always done a great job. The best one I have found in Pattaya. I used to go to the one near the Captain's Corner restaurant but one time they were closed, and I carried on going till I found any other one that was open pot luck really turned out they were 10 time's better than the C/C one and the same price, have never been any ware else since, Only hope their still there when I go back to Pat's but that's a long way off.

For those of us who enjoy the retired life in Thailand and sometimes enjoy doing little tasks like cooking or gardening or washing our own vehicles--I finally found a small coin operated do-it-yourself shop located off 3rd road.

As you are heading east just before the signal to soi 17 or soi VC...not sure the name at that intersection, but a 7/11 on the corner and soi is just before that 7/11 ---maybe about 500 meters or so.

As you are traveling east from Pattaya Tai on 3rd road, it is the soi just before the next signal. You have to be careful as turning left onto this small soi, you almost have to make a left U-turn to enter the soi. In a car I'd say impossible...but with a motorcycle...no prob.

Take that soi down about 800 meters and you will see the red and white steel barriers (on wheels) on your right. Of course you can come in from the other direction, but I haven't done so----yet.

There is just enough room for your motorcycle to fit between the barriers.

Two washing stations at a whopping 10 baht per session----as I recall the cycle lasted about 10 minutes.

Yes, In my past life I used services to save time--was always to busy working and dealing with life challenges.

But now I have time do what I want, when I want including cooking, gardening and washing my own vehicles myself---and you know what? I actually enjoy doing it myself---------(most of the time).

Cheers....

Edited by just_another_guy

• 4 weeks later...

Langsuan Man,

Thanks all...

Regards,

Good luck and please report back here if you were able to find the one near Shagwells. I walked all over the whole area, as well as driving the car there and could never find it

For the DIY wash: heading south on arunothai from klang, turn left at shagwells. Go east towards sukhumvit , through the slight left to right jog in the road, for about 200m. Its on the right side.

However, most of the equipment is broken now and does not work.

Langsuan Man,

Thanks all...

Regards,

You went in the exact opposite direction.

The car wash is still on Soi Phoenix Golf Club, I passed it a couple of week ago, if you've gone 300m past the railway tracks heading away from Sukhumvit then you've just past it.

For those of us who enjoy the retired life in Thailand and sometimes enjoy doing little tasks like cooking or gardening or washing our own vehicles--I finally found a small coin operated do-it-yourself shop located off 3rd road.

As you are heading east just before the signal to soi 17 or soi VC...not sure the name at that intersection, but a 7/11 on the corner and soi is just before that 7/11 ---maybe about 500 meters or so.

As you are traveling east from Pattaya Tai on 3rd road, it is the soi just before the next signal. You have to be careful as turning left onto this small soi, you almost have to make a left U-turn to enter the soi. In a car I'd say impossible...but with a motorcycle...no prob.

<snip>

You can't travel East on Third Rd. it's a North to South road.

South, Klang and North roads are all East to West roads.

<snip>

You can't travel East on Third Rd. it's a North to South road.

South, Klang and North roads are all East to West roads.

Actually you can, if you think about it. Going from Bali Hai take the overpass over Thappraya and you will be traveling East on 3rd Road smile.png

just_another_guy got the cardinal directions wrong though in his description, it would be travelling West (or maybe SW) on 3rd road. About 100m before soi 17 there is a small soi to the left that backtracks up to Soi Kopai. This must be the soi he’s talking about.