Firework Morons.

JakeBKK

Recently lighting up fireworks at the beach has become quite popular. I wonder has ever someone seen the morons lighting up the biggest rockets they can find ? They like to do that at 3 - 4 a.m. around soi 4 in jomtien That must be hell of a treat for the beach vendors, they seem to get rid of all the goods in the same place after whoever fired the fist rocket. This is going on for the last month or so.

It has been going on for several months........more than you stated. It seems to be confined between soi 4 to soi 8, on the beach and inland. I can hear it from 6:00 to 3:00, then a pause, then they start up again at sunrise or just before it. Thankfully, it has slowed down a bit, but they are still doing it. The idiots who are doing it take great pleasure in making life miserable for farangs and tourists. I have no idea why the police will not stop it. In fact, just from a security perspective, you would think the Thai government would take it very seriously given what a person could do with the explosive devices. BUT THEY DO NOT SEEM TO CARE.

This is in addition to the cars which park up along Jomtien beach and become mobile boom - boxes at night. We now have about half a dozen at Jomtien Beach. The bass is so loud it can be heard ( felt ?) for several hundred metres inland. The police refuse to do anything about it, having told us that it is "Thai culture". Now, if the rockets could be aimed at the cars.......................................

What? Thai culture to show their totally lack of respect for people who are trying to sleep?

Well, at least the tourists can visit another country next year. And expats can settle down in another city. smile.png

Right, and it is happening now. People are not waiting until next year. In my own small world, one of my friends is returning to the USA and two others are moving way south of Pattaya-Jomtien. All of us are sick and tired of the noise pollution.........and other things that we have talked about one million times on ThaiVisa. If this is a "Five Star" destination, somebody has a very twisted concept of what that means. I can't believe the hotel owners and those with big money in the real estate industry do not put a stop to this. Maybe they have less influence than I thought. Or maybe the only people they care about are the Russians and maybe the Russians love the sound of bombs going off at night. Perhaps that reminds them of the "good ole days" or something :)

Hell ya , yesterday was valentines - it's about flowers not rockets - at least this is my opinion!

Ah while ago a friend moved to BKK while i was enjoying my leisure time here - he said he needed some quiet time - and i laughed at him.

Now i tend to agree - ether i will move towards bang saray - with a nice whispering sea in front of me - or i get used to a steady flow of cars.........

Yesterday the shit ended at 6 a.m.!

ilived in south thailand land 6 am some with load speakers trying to sell some crap so from 6 till 11am some dope selling something before i lived in bkk ladprow very quite except for sock ram but that disco stoped at 5pm and only started at 9am city better than country my view

intheclub.gifviolin.gifWPFflags.gifwai.gifjap.gifcowboy.gif