Foreign Models In Thailand

invogue

Not to mention that the pay is very good if you are a foreign model in Thailand. Some jobs pay 10,000 - 50,000 baht per day. wink.png

It must vary great deal. Those youngsters in my old apartment building even did very little work or the pay was not that good. Room cost 5k a month and lots of Sangsom coke in the rooms instead of Q bar.

We had a modelling job for our six-year old today - we don't have an agency and only do this through friends' recommendations - and the look required is more often than not a 'pan-Asian' look, i.e. neither Chinese, Malay, Thai, Indian etc... - rather a facial and skin type that can be seen in most countries in SEAsia but is indiscernible as a foreigner. . . it is a simple matter of basic economics; multi-national brands are, by definition, multi-national and making one commercial fits the economy of scale much better.

Caucasians are seldom used because multi-national brands usually use their own people in their country of origin.

We have two daughters and the first one did the same (saved up enough for a bachelor's degree back home) but we stopped her doing ads when she was ten, her last one was a Qantas tv campaign. The little one is six and already has made enough for uni . . . My wife is a corp. lawyer - so, it's not for the money - the girls enjoyed it, the little one still does, especially the travel and hotels and the buzz she gets when her little friends tell her they've seem her on the Disney Channel, or on tv. clap2.gif

So, yes - Pan-Asian look far more in vogue than whitey, this came about in tandem with a greater Asian self-awareness and maturity

Ever been to Panama ??

I have this really cool hat from there with your name on it.

Not to mention that the pay is very good if you are a foreign model in Thailand. Some jobs pay 10,000 - 50,000 baht per day. wink.png

It must vary great deal. Those youngsters in my old apartment building even did very little work or the pay was not that good. Room cost 5k a month and lots of Sangsom coke in the rooms instead of Q bar.

Not necessarily. Maybe they're happy just paying 5K a month for their apartment and don't want to splash out loads or maybe they're saving. ;) It does indeed vary though I guess. I have been paid anything from 10,000 for one day's work to 42,000 (the biggest paycheck to date for one day of modelling)

Also, my apartment only costs 5K ;) However I am actually saving up for something.