Cheap Apartment To Rent In Phuket

arminbkk

@thailand

i'm sure there are working Thai folks in Phuket (hotel/restaurant staff etc.) that live in accommodations to which i was referring.

I'm just asking for a Thai lady, who might be working at a hotel in Phuket soon.

And as far as I know, she going there alone without dogs.

@thailand

i'm sure there are working Thai folks in Phuket (hotel/restaurant staff etc.) that live in accommodations to which i was referring.

I'm just asking for a Thai lady, who might be working at a hotel in Phuket soon.

And as far as I know, she going there alone without dogs.

5000 baht a month is an "in between figure." It's a little too short for her own place, and more than enough for a share place. I'm talking about a reasonble standard of accommodation.

Most of the hospiality staff (legitimate) share accommodation. I'm not quite up on the prices in Phuket Town, but more towards the coast she would be looking at around 6000 baht a month. When you only earn 9000 or 10,000 baht a month, 6000 baht is most of your salary gone on accommodation, so, many share with their friends to be able to send at least 1000 or 2000 baht home every month. The same staff, then see the bar girls have a farang spend that amount of money on the bar girl just in drinks for the night, not to mention "pay day" the next morning and bar fine commission and salary at the end of the month. No wonder a lot of legitimate staff end up "on the game" when they see the money they can bring in, and, if they can "land a farang" it's new houses, farms and shops for the family back in Issan. smile.pngsmile.png

Edited by NamKangMan

I would say there are plenty of cheap single room places for rent in the back sois (2,000 to 3,000 a month) but security will not be good. There is a place just near Chalong circle which is advertising at 3,800 a month. I think it is called Rattana apartments.

There are tons of 'apartments' for rent in Phuket town for 3K a month.

You will get one room, a bed and a bathroom.

I know a girl who lives not far from the big SuperCheap that pays 3.5k for a nice big room with balcony/utility room and bathroom.

Place is pretty secure with CCTV, locked main gate at night, plus 'uncle' lives on the premises in his little shop and keeps an eye on the place.

These places are not advertised on the internet.

Your friend will just have to ride around town having a look.

However, if she is only here for 3 or 4 months, then the best people to ask would be the hotel staff and management.

A couple of years ago i was friendly with a girl working at the Six Senses in Rawai. Lovely lovely hotel. The on site staff accommodation was absolutely squalid. Dark and damp. And shared two to a room. I think it was free though...............

• Like 1