Yamaha Filano

nikster

Anyone know the price?

IMO this is the best looking Yamaha scooter since the original Fino. And unlike the Fino, they haven't stickered the design to death. Yet. And it's FI.

Trying to get a nice pic off the Yamaha website is futile so here's the least-bad one. The advertising for this company can only be described as horrific. So try to see past the girly man... and the guitar that one can apparently fit under the seat! cheesy.gif... anyway but the scoot is super nice looking. Clearly not designed by Yamaha Thailand Marketing wink.png

post-20814-0-96045600-1329443314_thumb.j

post-20814-0-10657400-1329443509_thumb.j

post-20814-0-84348100-1329443574_thumb.p

Edited by nikster

As much as I like my Nouvo Elegance the single scheme paint job is enough reason to buy a PCX regardless of price. And speaking of the Fino....several years ago I bought my gf (back then) a bright red Fino. Just one color...red with a different color for the seat. But I'd sit at the Leo Bar admiring the bike we had parked across the street, thinking...."Now this is a classic. That now is a terrific looking machine." In fact the original Fino outdoes the original Vespa It is a much prettier bike.

But now I go into our condo parking lot and see all these stickered bikes. They are horrible, regardless of make. Who designs those paint schemes? Gotta be a bunch of rank idiots who certainly didn't get their jobs on merit. Probably momma and daddy's little boys and girls who got the jobs because of family connections. I certainly don't think it's because Thais have that much bad taste and these bikes are gaudified for Thai buyers only. Do Thais ask to have their Honda Civics and Toyota Camry's stickered like this? No way.

As much as I like my Nouvo Elegance the single scheme paint job is enough reason to buy a PCX regardless of price. And speaking of the Fino....several years ago I bought my gf (back then) a bright red Fino. Just one color...red with a different color for the seat. But I'd sit at the Leo Bar admiring the bike we had parked across the street, thinking...."Now this is a classic. That now is a terrific looking machine." In fact the original Fino outdoes the original Vespa It is a much prettier bike.

But now I go into our condo parking lot and see all these stickered bikes. They are horrible, regardless of make. Who designs those paint schemes? Gotta be a bunch of rank idiots who certainly didn't get their jobs on merit. Probably momma and daddy's little boys and girls who got the jobs because of family connections. I certainly don't think it's because Thais have that much bad taste and these bikes are gaudified for Thai buyers only. Do Thais ask to have their Honda Civics and Toyota Camry's stickered like this? No way.

theres nothing stopping you taking your bike to the car wash and having the ghastly stickers removed with solvent ,for a couple of hundred baht they will peel them off ,wash it ,wax it and give you back a bike that looks a bit less like its been vandalised by hooligans

Hi dears,

just bought a new Filano white colour for my gf - the price is THB 46.500 (50.000 incl. tax/insurance/number plates). It seems to be a very nice bike for small asian girls and the design is realy timeless - one big point was the huge space below the seat that can take 2 helmets or pleanty of shopping items.

post-138940-0-85583500-1329453624_thumb.

Those wheels are small, 12" I think?, and nothing so wide as a Vespa's. The bike is not very big, either. But the fuel access is outside, so no bothering with the seat (as has been the case on smaller bikes).

I like the flat floor and the looks. But it should be noted that Yamaha has also brought the price for a 113cc engine up to the 50k mark. There are 125 automatics in that neighborhood - the new Click among 'em.

It may be that the decals on motorbikes and scooters these days are in fact popular with the youngsters here. If I had one baht for every gaudy Scoopy I see, or Fino and so forth, I'd have enough to do something interesting. I may not like 'kitty'-style markings, but new buyers are snapping up the bikes here in the North.

I bought a white one as well for my gf birthday here on samui 50800 bht incl all.

Now we got it for about 2 weeks its a pretty good bike, looks great , doesnt drink much. And got much space for shopping. Ived changed the buddy seat for her in brown collor.

Those wheels are small, 12" I think?, and nothing so wide as a Vespa's. The bike is not very big, either. But the fuel access is outside, so no bothering with the seat (as has been the case on smaller bikes).

I like the flat floor and the looks. But it should be noted that Yamaha has also brought the price for a 113cc engine up to the 50k mark. There are 125 automatics in that neighborhood - the new Click among 'em.

It may be that the decals on motorbikes and scooters these days are in fact popular with the youngsters here. If I had one baht for every gaudy Scoopy I see, or Fino and so forth, I'd have enough to do something interesting. I may not like 'kitty'-style markings, but new buyers are snapping up the bikes here in the North.

I think Thai teens aren't nearly as tasteless are their reputation. Of course I can only guess, my kids haven't hit that age yet.

It's not like they have the option for something more classy. If you want a Scoopy/Fino, you have the choice between fugly and ugly sticker jobs. My guess is that they sell despite not because of those stickers. Ask yourself if most of the buyers wouldn't rather be riding a sticker-less PCX. Sure they would!

Seeing lots of Filanos around IMO proof that not all is lost in the taste department.

Not sure about the small wheels - it's both an advantage and disadvantage. And yes it's obviously no Vespa but it's also half the price and eats half the fuel. I thought of it more as a Wave-replacement with style, for Yai or for guests. I'll stick with our Vespa thanks ;)

• 3 weeks later...