New Yamaha Nouvo Injected

inzman

I went to the local dealer yesterday. Told him I was interested in a new click 125, He knows I drive a nouvo 135. He told me to wait, that next month the new nouvo 135 injected is coming out. I asked him about the price, he replied should be the same as now, about 55k. I saw some pics on the net, the pics are from vietnam.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think it will be faster, I got a 1 yr old novo myself I might trade in

I highly doubt it will be 'faster' a little quicker maybe. I'm sure Yamaha are aiming for efficiency over performance with their bikes now, they have done well to continue passing EU regulations for emissions with their carbed bikes, now that Honda's bikes are practically all FI Yamaha had to follow suit.

Is it worth upgrading from a year old model, if you crave for more performance... No, if you like the new styling, yes. Can't wait to see what else Yamaha have improved upon :)

Edited by karlos

My personal feeling is the 135 engine is a great engine as is. When I was farming the old timers told me about an 856 International tractor. In stock trim it had 100 horsepower and just 407 cubic inches. I got one, used as they weren't making them anymore. The story was you could walk away with two wagons full of corn in top gear (on the road not the field). And it did. I had a 504 cubic inch Case tractor which was not as peppy. Same family that had two 856 Internationals got a 1586 that had a cab and 165 horsepower. Well, we used to put turbos on our 856's and we got 125 horsepower. Anyway....that 165 h.p. 1586 was an absolute dog pulling wagons of grain.

I am thinking the same thing might be true of that 135 c.c. Nouvo engine. No telling what Yamaha is doing with it but I have read that the XMAX 125 c.c. engine produces 13.5 horsepower or better. It's available in other markets. Who knows, perhaps Yamaha is turning up their 135's to produce as much or more h.p. than a 150. In any case...even if Yamaha doesn't, the Elegance is a great ride for what it is.

I am thinking the same thing might be true of that 135 c.c. Nouvo engine. No telling what Yamaha is doing with it but I have read that the XMAX 125 c.c. engine produces 13.5 horsepower or better. It's available in other markets. Who knows, perhaps Yamaha is turning up their 135's to produce as much or more h.p. than a 150. In any case...even if Yamaha doesn't, the Elegance is a great ride for what it is.

Even if the performance remains the same as last year's model i'll still consider buying one providing they have a colour i like. I was going to buy the 135 elegance this time last year but the colours available at that time we just simply depressing, hence why i bought my black and yellow wasp, aka Mio125GTX biggrin.png

Edited by karlos

They have them at the dealer in Chiang Mai I was at today for 60,000 Bt. Looked nice but . . .

I went to my friend's Yamaha dealership today and they hadn't a clue about this new Nouvo, and had no idea when it would be available. I nipped into a bigger Yamaha dealership on the way back home and the same story was told.....

I'm guessing it will be here soon, but surprised that Chaing Mai have it an no one else knows about it??

Just found some more pics, and noticed it comes in yellow and black, woo hooo SOLD!! biggrin.pngpost-59428-0-76246800-1329579481_thumb.j i'm assuming that the digital readout will display traction control and power mode settings wink.pngpost-59428-0-21886400-1329579487_thumb.jpost-59428-0-80199900-1329579490_thumb.jpost-59428-0-65198100-1329579494_thumb.jpost-59428-0-19305100-1329579498_thumb.jpost-59428-0-34028100-1329579514_thumb.jpost-59428-0-47678500-1329579517_thumb.jpost-59428-0-80334200-1329579519_thumb.j

Like the looks of them but just not sure about the cyclops headlight will still have a look whenever it is realeased at my local showroom still prefer the headlights on the current nouvo.

They have them at the dealer in Chiang Mai I was at today for 60,000 Bt. Looked nice but . . .

"The" dealer in Chiang Mai? The folks at the large dealership south of 3 Kings never heard of it - claim it may be months or years in coming. Perhaps you mean the outfit immediately east southeast of "Cod Swan C(y)ow"?

I'll go see, as I want to know what the alloy wheels model, with tubeless tires, will cost!

I have gone to the other Big Yamaha dealer in Chiang Mai, and they were clear that no Elegance fuel-injected models are presently available. None on the floor among many models.

They do offer the x-max at half a million, and here also the little Filano is being displayed. I think that they all have alloy wheels? Wide tires as well.

For 60,800 this dealer offers the 'old' carbureated Elegance 135 with alloys and tubeless tires.

Do you think it will be faster, I got a 1 yr old novo myself I might trade in

If anything with Honda the change from carb to FI made the bikes a bit weaker. I bought my Wave125i when it came out and it seemed weaker than a friend's new, but still carbed, Wave 110. Great economy though.

If you want a faster bike... maybe better to just get a faster bike wink.png

Edited by nikster

I have gone to the other Big Yamaha dealer in Chiang Mai, and they were clear that no Elegance fuel-injected models are presently available. None on the floor among many models.

They do offer the x-max at half a million, and here also the little Filano is being displayed. I think that they all have alloy wheels? Wide tires as well.

For 60,800 this dealer offers the 'old' carbureated Elegance 135 with alloys and tubeless tires.

the old one is a great bike buut that sounds over priced ,mine cost 54,000 with mag wheels + tubeless at a bkk dealer

esp now a new presumably more economical version is about to hit the shelves

dealers may be shifting the old ones first to avoid having to discount on the "old" technology

Edited by wana

I also believe that fuel injection is not of itself likely to improve speed - except at sustained high altitudes. My Hayate 125 Fi is quick in town, but so was the earlier model with carb. What we do get is quick starting and perhaps better mileage.

60.8K for an Elegance with a carb., even here in the north where they tend to add 1 or 2K (for shipping, they say), represents an increase locally from last year's prices. Japanese bikes in general have posted prices that have crept up during the last two years that I've watched, some associated with Fi, some just going with the flow.

And new models such as Honda's 125Fi Click or Yamaha's Fiore, of course, are raising prices above those of earlier, somewhat similar, types.

I'll add that I prefer twin headlights too; I think twins define a bike better to other drivers (though I cannot tell what the reflectors in the pictures will do).

Edited by CMX

I consider the Elegance and the PCX to be the two best scooters in Thailand. I wouldn't trade for a new fuel injected Elegance because my old Elegance is very efficient and runs just fine.

I would consider a new PCX because of the bigger engine and hope it has a noticeable increase in power. I would refuse to pay 90,000 baht for the upgrade.

I consider the Elegance and the PCX to be the two best scooters in Thailand. I wouldn't trade for a new fuel injected Elegance because my old Elegance is very efficient and runs just fine.

I would consider a new PCX because of the bigger engine and hope it has a noticeable increase in power. I would refuse to pay 90,000 baht for the upgrade.

PCX is 125cc and Elegance in 135cc ???

the new pcx will be 150cc ,probably the engine that Honda should have put i the first pcx

the new pcx will be 150cc ,probably the engine that Honda should have put i the first pcx

Yeah of course, fair point...apologies Gary....

Edited by Rickster

That seems to be the consensus on this forum and with the PCX I can see that. The Nuovo looks like any other scooter to me. How is this better than a Scoopy / Click / any other auto scooter?

Just tried a brand new Nuovo Elegance for the day as the Scoopy I wanted to rent only became available in the evening. Didn't feel particularly quick and the orange / black color scheme is ... not my cup to tea to put it politely. Fuel economy was pretty good. Exchanged it in the evening for a white Scoopy - similar ride, but way better looks. Much cheaper to rent. Later I'll switch to a new Filano....

That seems to be the consensus on this forum and with the PCX I can see that. The Nuovo looks like any other scooter to me. How is this better than a Scoopy / Click / any other auto scooter?

Just tried a brand new Nuovo Elegance for the day as the Scoopy I wanted to rent only became available in the evening. Didn't feel particularly quick and the orange / black color scheme is ... not my cup to tea to put it politely. Fuel economy was pretty good. Exchanged it in the evening for a white Scoopy - similar ride, but way better looks. Much cheaper to rent. Later I'll switch to a new Filano....

carry a passenger and you will soon notice the differnce between an elegance and a scoopy

hit a big pothole and ul be thankful your on 16": elegance wheels

double the rear suspension

20% more torque + HP

larger frame

more underseat storage

i find it hard to believe anyone would think the scoopy is equal to the elegance :)

• Like 1

Tastes vary a lot. In my eyes, I think the Scoopy and the Fino are easily among the ugliest scooters on the market. Both remind me of those bulgy sided Italian scooters. I do think the PCX is the best looking scooter on the market although I wouldn't buy any scooter for just the way it looks. I want a big under seat storage area and enough power to go up the fairly steep hills in my area. Bigger diameter wheels are also a plus.

ADDED - I will NEVER buy a scooter without tubeless tires. My wife's Suzuki has alloy wheels but they have tubed tires. She likely averages a flat at least once a month. I could understand punctures but her flat tires show no apparent cause for going flat.

Edited by Gary A

Tastes vary a lot. In my eyes, I think the Scoopy and the Fino are easily among the ugliest scooters on the market. Both remind me of those bulgy sided Italian scooters. I do think the PCX is the best looking scooter on the market although I wouldn't buy any scooter for just the way it looks. I want a big under seat storage area and enough power to go up the fairly steep hills in my area. Bigger diameter wheels are also a plus.

ADDED - I will NEVER buy a scooter without tubeless tires. My wife's Suzuki has alloy wheels but they have tubed tires. She likely averages a flat at least once a month. I could understand punctures but her flat tires show no apparent cause for going flat.

I agree with you on most of your points. Maybe, maybe I've had just one flat since going tubeless with my Elegance. So according to my experience you are on the money here.

Also...my friend Per rented an Air Blade for extended periods of time. He often goes from Pattaya to Rayong an hour and fifteen minute one way trip. His best friend, Kjell might still be renting Air Blades, but I doubt Kjell will the next time he returns from Norway There is that roadtest Per and I made comparing his new PCX to my Nouvo Elegance, but aside from that Per contends..."1. There is no reason for having more power than the PXC has (keep in mind Per is one of these drinking fool Norwegians who often really goes off the scale in the bars.) 2. There is no comparison going up the hills between Pattaya and Rayong between the Honda Air Blade and the PCX. And from what I've learned from renting Air Blades and PCX's the PCX has it all over the Air Blade powerwise.

In my driving the PCX I don't feel that it is nearly as slow as many people here contend. When you look at the numbers it is slower than an Elegance. In the real world of driving in this part of the world, both bikes will far exceed what they need to be doing in and just outside Pattaya. For example.....if I'm driving down Sukamvit I can easily keep up with the traffic and pass slower moving vehicles with either my Elegance or the CBR 250. I am going to get to where I"m going on Sukamvit just as fast with my Elegance and in traffic on for example Beach Road or 2nd Road I'll slither through the traffic faster on my Elegance. But, on the highway to Rayong for example even though my Elegance can cruise at 100 kph, the bike really is too light to feel comfortable at this high speed. Which is as things should be as it never was engineered to be a high way cruiser. So it's got more power than it is prudent to be taking advantage of. The same is true for the PCX so it is a moot point over which bike is faster than the other.

Nearly all my American friends feel the PCX is too fat and bulbous whereas an Elegance was designed to look and behave the way a motorcycle should. I don't care about that. I'm more concerned about function and I feel that whether it is fat or bulbous or not, the PCX is definitely a good looking bike. And to those who feel you are a wimp if you drive the big fat underpowered PCX I have this to say. Then go out and buy a T-MAX for 525,000 baht or whatever. I'd rather have a Mazda 2 manual for 550,000 baht any day.

My last point is this.......I believe Yamaha is the only company out there that is not ashamed of putting its horsepower figures out there. The Nouvo MX had 115 c.c. and 8,9 h..p. That figure was out there everywhere including Wikipedia. The Elegance has 11.2 h.p. Just try finding horsepower figures for the Air Blade, the PCX or for that matter the Suzuki Hayake. So I have to conclude that the Yamaha Elegance is the fastest, most powerful small bike in its class. It is for what it is the sportscar in this market segment offering the best combination of relatively small size, handling and power

i find it hard to believe anyone would think the scoopy is equal to the elegance smile.png

IMO better bike but hey... up to u!

- better looking - no use discussing taste really...

- way cheaper

- uses less gas

- Honda meaning it will probably last forever

Nuovo being "more powerful" - well yeah - slightly less weak is a better description. Nothing wrong with that, it's a scooter not a liter bike!

Looking forward to racing my Vespa LX150 vs. Franz' new Nuovo Elegance.. I have the feeling the Vespa pulls a bit more (but is also far from what anyone would call "powerful" 555)

i find it hard to believe anyone would think the scoopy is equal to the elegance smile.png

IMO better bike but hey... up to u!

- better looking - no use discussing taste really...

- way cheaper

- uses less gas

- Honda meaning it will probably last forever

Nuovo being "more powerful" - well yeah - slightly less weak is a better description. Nothing wrong with that, it's a scooter not a liter bike!

Looking forward to racing my Vespa LX150 vs. Franz' new Nuovo Elegance.. I have the feeling the Vespa pulls a bit more (but is also far from what anyone would call "powerful" 555)

comparison stacked against the yamaha because the vespa is costing double or is it triple the price with a larger engine ?

comparison stacked against the yamaha because the vespa is costing double or is it triple the price with a larger engine ?

Nope sorry for being unclear, Vespa is totally unrelated... its clearly its own thing... a Vespa is a Vespa, love it or hate it. Just one thing I can compare my rental Nuovo to. Would it be surprising if it has a little more pull when it's a 150cc vs 135 and 25 km/l vs the Nuovo's 40 or so? Don't think so. The Nuovo is probably much more advanced but then again engine designs really evolve slowly. Vespa LX150 cost 99,000 when we bought it a year ago, newer models seem to be 10k dearer.