What 'Western' Consumer Goods Would You Like Manufactured And Sold In Thailand?

invogue

How lucky I am (apparently) to not have a 'sweet tooth'!

The only time I use sugar or sugar substitutes is when friends visit who enjoy it in their tea.

But I digress, it is the 'little' things I miss - decent wholemeal bread, milk etc. And yes, I know you can buy semi-skimmed milk here - but it just doesn't taste the same.

Lucky you clap2.gif

I too miss any good bread, and as for the milk, in here it tastes really bad.

Hard cheeses, big bikes (so the cost can come down), decent chocolate (and not Hershey-plastic bars - and other candies pretending to be chocolate) - especially dark chocloate (Old Jamaica Mmmmmm), better bread and a decent Scotish/Irish type whisky/Whiskey - then my life would be complete.

decent chocolate (and not Hershey-plastic bars - and other candies pretending to be chocolate) - especially dark chocloate (Old Jamaica Mmmmmm),

Tops in Cental Ladprao - stacks of it; pricey though. I did buy 4 crunchie bars there today for 125 baht lol as opposed to the 80% cocoa Waitrose chocolate I've been enjoying recently.

Hard cheeses, big bikes (so the cost can come down), decent chocolate (and not Hershey-plastic bars - and other candies pretending to be chocolate) - especially dark chocloate (Old Jamaica Mmmmmm), better bread and a decent Scotish/Irish type whisky/Whiskey - then my life would be complete.

Old Jamaica was difficult to find in the UK!

Hard cheeses are easily found here - albeit expensive.

I agree about the chocolate as I always loved Cadbury's Fruit & Nut. Easy to find Cadbury's Nut, but not Fruit & Nut.

decent chocolate (and not Hershey-plastic bars - and other candies pretending to be chocolate) - especially dark chocloate (Old Jamaica Mmmmmm),

Tops in Cental Ladprao - stacks of it; pricey though. I did buy 4 crunchie bars there today for 125 baht lol as opposed to the 80% cocoa Waitrose chocolate I've been enjoying recently.

Ooh, just reminded me - MALTESERS! I adore them but they are so bloody expensive that I can't bring myself to buy them mellow.png .

Quality / Manufactured to fit my farang body

Avia sports shoes

Clarks Naturevelt shoes

Haynes underwear (T-shirts / briefs / whitey-tighties)

Quality cotton sport socks

Wrangle Jeans

Actually, quality anything. I swear, everything I buy here falls apart. For instance, umbrellas. I think the average umbrella in Thailand has a life-life of about 15 seconds.

Dream on...

Edited by connda

Old Jamaica was difficult to find in the UK!

Hard cheeses are easily found here - albeit expensive.

I agree about the chocolate as I always loved Cadbury's Fruit & Nut. Easy to find Cadbury's Nut, but not Fruit & Nut.

Yeah you can find/buy some of this stuff here, but the op was about produced here (so it isn't expensive) - AKAIK all hard cheese here is imported - as is the chocolate (why are they so small here - mars bars, twixes etc - they are tiny here). Yes, I miss fruit and nut too - another favourite.

I agree about Old Jamaica - hard to find anywhere now I guess (discontinued?) same with carabana and bournville dark. Never was much of a cholocalte person until I had been here a few years, now I really miss the good stuff!

Ooh, just reminded me - MALTESERS! I adore them but they are so bloody expensive that I can't bring myself to buy them mellow.png .

Now we is talking.... add Cadbury's Chocolate Fingers and Jaffa Cakes, oh and Hob Nobs, Ginger Nuts, Sherbert Dip, Pineapple Chunks, Curly Wurley, Wagon Wheels,

But more importantly........ lard and shredded beef suet.

I think that the real problem is that importers have to have a 51% Thai partnership and then the backhanders required.

My own son's father in law is a big beef producer in Queensland owning 2 large cattle properties plus another for breeding. He came to Thailand hoping to import his beef, but gave up. Too many Thai's determined to get in for their cut. Making it not worth the trouble.