Guitar Lessons

lemel

I have a 4 year old that has shown interest in playing guitar. Is this too early to get him one and start him in lessons? I too would be interested in where to find a patient instructor. I was thinking to stop in the Yamaha store as I'm sure they have some recommendations as well.

4 years is not to young to buy him a guitar however spending money on lessons at that age I would not recommend. See how he does on his own for awhile. If he starts pumping out Eric Clapton riffs then definitely get him in. lol

If you found the people at the Yamaha store ignorant I'm pretty sure there is (was) a children's music lessons in that strip mall beside Big-C on Sukhumvit closer to the sukhumvit end of it. Can't remember the name but I will have a look later today for you.

4 years is not to young to buy him a guitar however spending money on lessons at that age I would not recommend. See how he does on his own for awhile. If he starts pumping out Eric Clapton riffs then definitely get him in. lol

If you found the people at the Yamaha store ignorant I'm pretty sure there is (was) a children's music lessons in that strip mall beside Big-C on Sukhumvit closer to the sukhumvit end of it. Can't remember the name but I will have a look later today for you.

Thanks for the encouragement. What would you recon is a good starter guitar for him? Wouldn't want to spend too much just to have him get bored or break it.

At 4, I would just buy him a Guitar from Big-C or the cheapest small guitar they have in any music store here. I mean at that age it is just another toy but you just never know. It might grow on him and stick or it might be another episode of "El Kabong"

When you do buy him one and even if you don't play just strum the thing and sing him some of his favorite songs and have him sing with you. I can guarantee that he will be pulling at the strings too. lol.

Gotta give him a reason to like guitars so that they relate to "fun" and "sing a song" etc.

Try to buy one with nylon strings so he don't hurt his fingers. Pretty sure Big-C or Lotus has them.

• Like 1