Paragliding School In Phuket

frankyj

Every Sunday there are some people paragliding at Laem Promthep. Go there and check it out. But you'd have to wait till you're here for that.

just under the giant windmills on the hill just north west of Leam Promthep they do paragliding when the wind is from the west. i doubt there is much going on at the moment since the wind is almost non existant.

i know someone offers tandem joy rides and thnk he also offers lessons

i believe the dentist beside bangkok hospital is or was the president of the local club. He speaks a good english and seems to be a nice guy, pheraphs someone here has his number.

By the way paragliding is a wonderful sport but must be taken very seriously.I'd try a tandem while in holidays here but i would't consider to get a "class".

You will litterally fly and this means you will have to study a bit of meteorology and learn flying ruels. In europe you need a licence and i'd suggest you ta get it in your country since you will probably fly there most of the time.

I am quite a complete newbie in paragliding (only did a beginner course with a few solo flights a long time ago) but I don't think promthep view point is suitable for beginners. The spot even seems quite dangerous... If the wind is weak, then it is not that easy to reach the landing areas that are quite far away (with only cliffs, trees and water in between). If the wind is stronger then it's easier to stay up in the air but you need very good piloting skills and experience to handle dynamic airflow.

For proper beginner training, you need a gentle slope for take off and landing training, and a place with easy take off, straight flight plan, no wind and very large landing area for the first solo flights, not sure it exists in phuket.