Thai Paypal Using A Thai Usd Bank Account

I never do anything through my palpal account in baht, mostly USD.

It is becoming a real pain in the butt, to deposit funds int he current account abroad, and some times I like to pull out some royalties that get paid into it from many moons ago that till keep coming.

It would be much easier to change it to a Thai account, but I don't want to get shafted by brutal exchange rates and PP 2.5% fees when exchanging to baht and from baht.

So I emailed the Thai contact, in English and got a reply in Thai, which translate:

"In terms of using bank accounts in PayPal without a PayPal account is opened in Thailand. Customers who open a bank in the United States, I really. This means that a bank is a bank in the United States, I was. If a bank. It is the account that is opened from the U.S.. It can be used to withdraw U.S. dollar as well."

I as VERY clear regarding a USD account in Thailand.

I am worried that they will convert it to from USD to baht and back to USD and I will loose about 15% on a round trip.

Does any have a PP account with a USD account with a Thai bank?

I had a laugh when I rang them, but I got nowhere, the Thai support is a Singapore number, that is OK, but the message option are in Thai lingo, including, For English press 2. So you want English, but you have to understand Thai in order to select a English operator, and you have to ring Singapore from Bangkok to get this !!!!!

USD account in Thailand will not help you since Paypal does not allow withdrawing in USD, only in Thai Baht, obviously they make much money with their terrible exchange rates so the only option is to make an USD account in USA. Paypal simply sucks and many people loose much money due to their bad exchange rates!

There exchange rates are a nightmare, when looking at a inlaws, it's about 9.5% worse than Bangkok Bank, then the 2.5% fee to use this nasty exchange rate.

But they don't even publish them, you have to be at the end of buying something or after the transaction to see it.

Edited by haveaniceday

USD account in Thailand will not help you since Paypal does not allow withdrawing in USD, only in Thai Baht, obviously they make much money with their terrible exchange rates so the only option is to make an USD account in USA. Paypal simply sucks and many people loose much money due to their bad exchange rates!

You can link a non-thai bank account to your thai paypal account. I think first you must use thai bank account to open paypal/verify. But afterwards, you may select how many currencies you want to hold, which one is the primary currency, and add bank accounts. The account cannot be used in other paypal accounts if you've ever had them. Once you assign a bank account to one paypal account, you must use a different bank account for a different or same paypal account when adding/linking a new bank account. If you want to link a USA bank account, you must first choose USD as one of your holding currencies. I could only imagine something similar for GBP/JPY/etc. And the transfer would only be 2-3 days vs 5-7 days.

So you can have several bank accounts in different countries off one PayPal account correct?

Not sure about this but you definitely can not withdraw USD to Thai bank account. USD is possible to withdraw only to a bank account in USA.

As regards the terrible exchange rates that Paypal offers, they have a reason for not showing them publicly as anyone could see the rip-off directly.